On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

09 February 2013

Time to Come Clean




I suppose I don’t really need to go to any great lengths telling you all about The Clean. Formed in Dunedin, New Zealand by brothers David (guitar) & Hamish (drums) Kilgour. After a few line-up changes, the brothers K settled on Robert Scott as their bass player. The band was the forerunner of NZ punk. They are practically the reason why the phenomenal label Flying Nun came into existence. Their sound is unique, combining elements as divergent as surf rock, pop, dub, psychedelia, kraut rock, & punk. They influenced myriad bands such as Sonic Youth, Yo La Tengo, Pavement, Guided By Voices & many, many more.

The Clean’s Syd's Pink Wiring System is made up of material recorded in 2000 (tracks 1-9 recorded live at Sammy's, Dunedin, NZ on 13 Oct 2000 for a live Broadcast from Dunedin by KFJC 89.7 FM Foothill College, Palo Alto, CA. - 10-11 recorded live at Arc Cafe, Dunedin, NZ on 7 Nov 2000) & was released to help support the bands June 2003 US tour. The music here is chameleon-like, mesmerizing, improvisational…variations on many of their best tunes. This release is currently OOP.


 The Clean – Syd’s Pink Wiring System, Cleano Records cleano 0001, 2003.
decryption code in comments

Tracklist:
Fish
I Wait Around
Hold on to the Rail
At the Bottom
Point That Thing Somewhere Else
Do Your Thing
Quickstep
Crazy
Side On
Stars
Jala

Enjoy,





2 comments:

  1. B2Q7i0-ACf2moksbEEgGWgW97WYYCEIwvQRvbyYmjKc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never got on the bus for any Flying Nun bands previously. I mean I've tried over the years and all that. So now when it's all a bit too late I discover that I love the slightly psych punk wig out that is this album. Thanks for the music, such a shame I should only discover it this way.

    ReplyDelete