On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

14 January 2017

DTs At the Lodge





I'd like to apologize to all the casual visitors & regular friends of this here web-blob. I have been more than remiss in my musickal dissemination of tuneage as of late. I have to admit that I have been suffering from a major bout of depression. I call it the DTs, or the Donald Trumpitis. Very few activities are able to even momentarily shake me from my dread. As Zardoz so succinctly stated, "I have seen the future, & it does not work." One thing that works is blaming anything negative on Trump, even the smallest of events, like stubbing my toe or a hang-nail, a bad driver or a stoopid redneck. Another is that every time I see feces lying about in public, be it canine, human, or other, I loudly declare, "Trump!" But the best thing that keeps me from thinking about the inevitable is 24 hr DUB.

So while anyone who visits here knows, I loves my Dubs, I am after all a proud member of the Brotherhood of Dub, but I have been only (infrequently at that) posting up Dub (it's what I'm listening to constantly, it is my mental balm). I have been ignoring all the other great craziness with which I usually enjoy polluting this space. I have some exciting new Bill musick (both Nelson & Laswell) I need to share. Literally hundreds of visitors have asked me when I'm going to post up the rest of the Mongolian music from Musick Around the World (Mongolia 2.0 – some 57 different releases – the first section was only 27 releases). I definitely need to get back to the project I began in August 2015, going through a folder I have called "Musick that Needs Work". That meant anything from cleaning up the sound to fixing the tags to getting the art work, whatever. The last time I worked on that gem was July 2016 with "What the H". That's still the most heavily viewed & downloaded posts here. I need to get on with I, but in these tragic times I have a hard time concentrating on I.

I do promise that as soon as I can get my head above the surface of this morass I will start posting all the above mentioned things (& more). Because I believe I owe it to you all, here is a taste from I.

Ikara Colt – Chat & Business, Fantastic Plastic Records fpcd005x, 2002.
decryption code in comments

tracklist –

One Note
Rudd
Bishop’s Son
City of Glass
Pop Group
Belgravia
Sink Venice
After This
At the Lodge
Here We Go Again
May B 1 Day
Video Clip Show

hidden track – Escalate


Ikara Colt is: Claire Ingram – guitar & vocals; Jon Ball – bass & keyboards;
Paul Resende – keyboards & vocals; Dominic Young – drums.

Let's Wreck the Party,

8 comments:

  1. x8-9VBgKfzDlLbY02WIC415L1kEqPsC0NJ0e8L-cJnY

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the DTs too huh? I share your depression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastically eloquent illustration of Post-Trumpian DTs. I like it immensely. "Faces lying about in public". Littering the sidewalk. Ebbing back into the swamp.

    A haunted squid inks itself.

    The effect this side of the water is scarcely less chilling. May Dub continue to be your balm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I didn't come off as too pompous or dry there, what I mean to say is I love the picture you led with. Very cool. Eliot was digging it too.

    Also. Did you get the address I left in my previous comment ? I should have emailed you direct, but I've grown far too lazy.

    The depression thing. It's wholly natural under the circumstances. I am still reeling from Trump's Third Reichian storming of the gates too. I have been listening to L7's "Shove" on constant rotation for weeks now. It feels kind of appropriate. A wholly different balm.

    (Delete as appropriate. Or otherwise.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got yr address. Been throwing together a sCARE package, send it off when I get it completed.

      Delete
  5. For me as well, pitch-black humor, foolishness like Zardoz, and dark, angry music (Ikara Colt!) have the paradoxical effect of lifting my spirits as the Trumpocalypse looms. Not unlike stepping in a pile of doo-doo: part of me is angry, but the other part just has to laugh. It's time to recalibrate the bullshit detector.

    Nathan, I enjoyed your zine very much. I was cheered by your tale of Blue Cheer. It was a fine thing to read Ib in longform, ink on paper, front to back rather than the reverse chronology of his online missives. "Dewey The Freak" reminded me of an old PK Dick short story, "The Eyes Have It".

    My current reading is the Black humor of Paul Beatty's novel "The Sellout". "People eat the shit you shovel them." Despite the exhortation (or is it a dare?) to "Eat Poop!", I am keeping in mind during these foul-smelling days the defiant words of e.e. cummings: "there is some shit i will not eat."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always for your overwhelming support. & you always seem to slice things keenly. Trumpocalypse is the Mew World Order manta. We draw the line & there is some shit we will not eat. My sanity (what little remains) hangs by a fine, fine thread.

      Delete
  6. ACLU to Trump: 'See you in court'

    ReplyDelete