On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

22 July 2021

Dub is a Dangerous Mighty Weapon of Restoration

Right now I'm lissen' to Spotify. On-U Sound Recordings mix by Milo, some 1026 tracks of ON-U SOUNDZ! boyo.  Just heard Gary Clail "Beef" & right now it's "Ravi Shankar" by Dub Syndicate.

I've just gone through a great upheaval . I decided my life had become stagnant. That didn't really set well with me. I'm not really that kinda guy. Yet life has a way of happening to us. It is life, after-all. It can sweep us away. As the Kinkster sez, "Raking the dead leaves of the past is evil yard work." 

I'm making a new beginning. I could not have done either the Bump or the Glide without DUB.

So for jahtorx, I have chosen to address your request for On-U Sound.

I have to admit that I have been a total ass in the past. I have entirely overlooked posting The New Age Steppers. They are so a part of my heart of DUB that I guess it was as if I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I am gonna take care of that right now (& thanks jahtorx, there is more On-U after this...different universe).

Starting at the beginning, with my apologies for any delay. The great...

New Age Steppers - The New Age Steppers,  On-U Sound ON-U-L-P, 1981.
decryption code in comments

Side 1 -
Fade Away
Radical Drill
State Assembly
Crazy Dreams & High Ideals

Side 2 -
Abderhamane's Demise
Animal Space
Love Forever
Private Armies

Don't fade away. What's Jah's belongs to us all.

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. vEB1D3AmGNuWsitAtSk4LcR3OHaHUpIFeay_kn8uvv4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for your musical posts! I'm interested in Jerome van Jones, and I was wondering whether it would be possible to contact Fizzé who knew him? I have not found a a way to send you a message directly! I can tell you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. As to contacting Fizzé, I probably don't have any better sources than you, but I don't know. You can leave your email address in a comment & I will get back to you. I moderate all comments so I will never post your info here, it will be strictly private. Good luck in your search & hope to hear more from you.

      Delete