On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

22 August 2021

Ophlin, my Ophlin

 

I noticed that Saturday, Holland Tunnel Drive, one of my favorite sharers, posted up One, Two by Sister Nancy.

Sister Nancy was Queen of the Dancehall in Jamaica. I posted up One, Two back in March of 2015. It's great to see the Sister getting remembered once again. It set off the light bulb over head animation. I heard these words as plain as if you had called my name from the next room: "More Sister Nancy, Nothin'. More Sister Nancy".

Who can deny a voice so clear, perhaps wafting out on a cool evening breeze from Holland Tunnel Drive, pointing brightly my imminent action.

More Sister Nancy!

Fireproof is Jeremy "Mush One" Mushlin, trumpeter, composer, engineer, producer, sound system operator, & radio host who has played in bands, including The Slackers, The Scorchers, Fireproof, The Hungry March Band, Top Shotta Band, Red Hook Warriorz, & The Rocksteady Seven. Teaming up with the Queen herself, Sister Nancy.

Sister Nancy - Meets Fireproof, Special Potato (Jammyland), 2001.
decryption code in comments

Practice What You Preach
Original Woman
Talk & Miss
Praise Him
Tough Enough
Armageddon
Rushin’ Roulette
Shank I Sheck

I gotta say that there's just too much echo on this production for my taste, so I'm adding these bonus tracks from an album called The Yellow, The Purple, & The Nancy on which she shared a platter (three songs) with Yellowman & Purpleman.


True Sister Nancy styling.

bonus tracks -
A No Any Man Can Test Sister Nancy
Dance Pon the Corner
Bang Belly

Dance your butts off,
Enjoy,


1 comment: