On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

28 January 2022

Hair Hoppers

Basement Beehive: The Girl Group Underground is a two-disc set showcasing 56 songs recorded all across America during the pre-psychedelic 60s.  Rather than the usual novelty heavy offerings of many girl group releases, the content here delivers strong songs sung by powerful voices.  The result is an impressive slice that covers the breadth of the girl group sound, a very strong compilation that stacks as high as a beehive bouffant. 

 

 

Various - Basement Beehive: The Girl Group Underground, Numero Group 075, 2018.
all decryption codes in comments

CD1 -
Will You Be My Love - The Four J's
I'll Never Know - The Chantells with The Aqua Lads
My Fault - The Passionetts
I Gotta Know - The Tonettes
I Wanna Be a Winner - Vickie & the Van Dykes
A Love of Mine - The Vandelettes
I'll Say Yes - The Devilettes
Searching for My Man - Dot & the Velvelettes
Help Me Somebody - Chapells
Same Old Sweet Lovin' - Devotions
My Lover - The Hill Sisters
Find Somebody New - The Soulettes
I Don't Believe - The Mellow Dawns
Never Gonna Cry - The Cineemas
Dum, Dum, De Dip - Judi & The Affections
Come Go with Me - The Para-Monts
Melvin - The Belles
I Believe (The Man Loves Me) - The Petites
Fall in Love Again - The Voices
Unlucky in Love - Charles Pikes & The Scholars
Broken Heart - The Contessas
I Won't Cry - The Shades
Where is Love - The Monzas
Thank You Baby - Toni & The Hearts
From One Fool to Another - The Dreamliners
Baby Be Good (While I'm Gone) - The Rayons
Teenage Dropout - Paulette & The Cupids
Laughing on the Outside - Bernadette Carroll

CD 2 -
You're Acting Kind of Strange - Chapells
Oh My Sweet Love - The Hill Sisters
Never Change Our Love - Toni & The Hearts
I'm Leaving You - The Devilettes
Don't Look - The Chantells with The Aqua Lads
Baby I'm Crying - Vickie & The Van Dykes
He'll Wait on Me - Paulette & The Cupids
The Lonely Fool - The Dreamliners
Lonely Girl - The Petites
My Plea - The Passionettes
My Heart Can Feel the Pain - The Tonettes
I Don't Wanna Lose You - The Para-Monts
For as Long as You Want Me - Dotty McCullum
Tell Me Not to Hurt - The Shades
Ain't it The Truth - The Monzas
Forever is a Long, Long Time - The Voices
You Confuse Me Baby - The Rayons
He's All Mine - The Vandelettes
Devil's Gotten into My Baby - Devotions
Come Back - The Belles
I'm Sorry Baby - The Mellow Dawns
A Crush on You - The Cineemas
Gimme Gimme - The Contessas
What Do You Do - Charles Pikes & The Scholars
The Nursery - The Four J's
It's Alright - The Soulettes
Ain't Gonna Hurt My Pride - Judi & The Affections
The Humpty-Dump - Bernadette Carroll

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. CD1
    IGD-iI3VUtoEMUxiV1jwMR2WepoT7jxGL1tm-ervoPk
    CD2
    lm5Ru2YkjnCwOXAuYsbZtomERc8yHc4SfHz_aupIySA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Good to hear from you once again. Hope you enjoy these.

      Delete
  3. Very cool! Just discovered your site, looks great.

    Thanks for Wendy, Clash etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard & thanks for the thanks.

      Delete