On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

01 February 2023

Tender is the Night

You have been warned!


One night last week I was too lazy to pick something to listen to, so I fell back on the old stand-by, the randomizer.

I rarely use shuffle as I have such a variety of styles & sounds that sometimes the clash of songs sounds like a super-poorly edited compilation. I decided to look through some folders, pick one, & put it on random. While I was searching for the perfect sound, I came across a folder entitled "Glass Animalisms"???

At one time (ZABA era) I was enjoying Glass Animals & I gathered together a folder full of bands I felt were 'similar' to GA. But with each successive release, I liked Glass Animals less. By the time Dreamland (2020) came out, I had dropped the Animal & broken the Glass. Although by this point the folder was swelling at the seams, they went the way of Glass Animals. I stopped listening to the bands stashed away in the Animalisms folder.

I realized there were numerous groups under this umbrella that I really like but hadn't listened to for some time. I put the folder on shuffle & had a rousing night of music.

At the same time I was having a hard time deciding on a theme for February (my primary theme month). So I decided to overwhelm you all with this miasma of sounds in this dump folder. See what sleepless nights can lead to. 

 



Every so often a song would play, I'd wonder who it was & check the player. Several times it was the London synth-pop duo TENDER (Daniel Cobb & James Cullen). I realized that I hadn't shared any TENDER here at NSS, so that seemed like a good place to start. Maybe this will become your...

.

TENDER - Modern Addiction, Partisan Records PTKF2148-2, 2017.
all decryption codes in comments


Illuminate
Nadir
Hypnotised
Crawl
Erode
Silence
Machine
Sickness
Vow
Blame
Powder
Trouble 



Here are 4 five-song EPs in a single download or you can grab them separately. 

 
Armour
Melt
Bleed
Legion
Belong 
TENDER - EPII, 2016.
Lost
Cut
Afternoon
Burden
Volitile
 
 
 
 
TENDER - EPIII, Partisan Records, 2016.
Oracle
Violence
Design
Smoke
Outside
 
 
 
6 in the Morning
Living
Come Down when You’re Ready
Own Up
What You’re Missing? 


 
 
ps. - I didn't include 2022s Side B. You can stream it on Soundcloud.

Be tender to one another,

1 comment:

  1. TENDER - Modern Addiction
    GX3jZSp8uTHbXEedzXBUMcqKjXvT21ksOt7jJ4b2Ol8
    TENDER - The EPs (four files)
    CAkCLwc64zB6-w_gnInOhw
    TENDER - Armour
    w6U4YTuFWSsEkEgmXvIqVMif6TtVzSmz_B1D3CE3HsM
    TENDER - EPII
    ___CQkzS-fCNnzWiX1u1gI9aKM89AOkegbM7uJEt9Nk
    TENDER -EPIII
    WA1rfeCZKgTJUQBN92aq51m5084YHpPtjce75lIFRKM
    TENDER - Side A
    IVvdaCJh-yIk03YbuELc8WsNHTM47bkKki_MCHdV8wk

    ReplyDelete