Lost links & Re-ups

On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

05 October 2008

Brief Interlude























The Green Manalishi - Peter Green


Peter Green has explained that he wrote the song "The Green Manalishi (with the Two-pronged Crown" after experiencing a drug-induced dream, in which he was visited by a green dog which barked at him. He understood that the dog represented money. "It scared me because I knew the dog had been dead a long time. It was a stray & I was looking after it. But I was also dead & had to fight to get back into my body, which I eventually did. When I woke up, the room was really black & I found myself writing the song." He wrote the lyrics the following day, in Richmond Park.

The Green Manalishi - Judas Priest

Enjoy,


UPDATE:
By request from Biopunk...
The Green Manalishi - Corrosion of Conformity

The Green Manalishi - The Melvins

3 comments:

  1. What?!?

    Preist but no Corrosion of Conformity's Green Manalishi from "Eye For An Eye"?

    Shameful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know the biographical detail to this one, previously. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, biopunk.

    Who you calling shameful. Everyone that knows me well will agree that I'm almost totally shameless. I was trying to make a point about contrast, not just post up all the versions of The Green Man.

    You seem to have a problem with contrasting concepts, since you can't decide if you're straight or gay so you picked bio. From your comment I think the COC should be from Eye for an Eee, but I'm no English teacher.

    Here's COC & also The Melvins from The Maggot.

    Contrast that.

    ReplyDelete