Often I follow Dubtembers with Weird October.
I've always thought that October was one of the greatest months for weirdness. October is that full bloom autumn when things change from sun to snow. It finishes off with Halloween & leads into the Day of the Dead. Perfect weirdness.
Well this month I'm really going to try & outdo any past weirdness. So I'm starting with a band that even has Weird in their name...WWF. Not Vince McMahon's outfit before the World Wildlife Fund took their F & left an E, just three crazee idiots with wrestling in their hearts...San Jose's short lived Weird White Fuckers.
The outfit was led by Luche Libre masked outcast Mighty Mark Mystery, inspiration behind the entire idea, songwriter, guitarist, & lead vocalist. On bass was Backyard Brawler Notorious Nathan Nothin' on bass & backing vocals. & ex-porn stud Rockhard Rod Manning (R.I.P.) pounding the skins. This is their only recorded legacy, a fitting beginning to Weird October.
Sweatshop Kidz
David Hasselhoff (Must Die)
Gangrape
Rag Boy
D.U.I.
Weird on,
NØ


Thank you !!! Great start to the greatest month and a perfect start to my day! Cheers.
ReplyDeleteThanks, lyndusmax. Stay tuned for a month of madness.
DeleteHell yes! I mean, weird ALL the time is good, but going for broke this month when the world already feels exceptionally weird makes perfect sense. Can’t wait to listen to this.
ReplyDeleteTangentially, some friends in my scene back in the day had a wrestling-themed band named Turnbuckle. They always had the funnest shows cuz they’d play a song, then have wrestling moves and drama for 3-4 min, then another song, then more wrestling, for a whole hour sometimes. Kids in today’s AI world could never waste time in such glorious fashion! Here’s
I think my comment got a little messy cuz I was on my phone. Anyway, here’s a video of Turnbuckle - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Rjn8k4wEo&pp=0gcJCS4MAYcqIYzv
ReplyDeleteJust an interrupted thought this well. Turnbuckle sounds like a band we all would have loved. Thanks, aboynamedstew.
DeleteRockhard Rod Manning is taking a dirt nap, but the Hoff still walks among us. There ain't no justice in this weird old world. Didn't know you played da bass!
ReplyDeleteI think we may have touched on my bassness when we were discussing my "obsession" with bass players. Rod is deeply missed. Thanks, jonder.
DeleteWhat a fascinating glimpse into the history of Nothing! Cheers, me ol' chum.
ReplyDeleteA glimpse behind the veil, my friend.
Delete