Primal Scream had more than their fair share of mixes & remixes. They remixed their own material. Greats like Andrew Weatherall & Adrian Sherwood ran them through the mixer many times.
In 2003 the band released the double CD Dirty Hits with one CD of hits & one CD of remixes. This greatest hits compilation covers the period from their breakthrough Loaded E.P. (1990) to their collaboration with Kate Moss on "Some Velvet Morning" (2003). Singles from all the albums (5) from this period are included on Dirty Hits, alongside several non-single album tracks.
Seems like the obvious place to go next...
Primal Scream - Dirty Hits 2xCD, Columbia 513803-9, 2003.
decryption codes in comments
decryption codes in comments
CD1 -
Loaded
Movin' on Up
Come Together
Higher Than the Sun
Rocks
Jailbird
(I'm Gonna) Cry Myself Blind
Burning Wheel
Kowalski
Long Life
Swastika Eyes
Kill All Hippies
Accelerator
Shoot Speed / Kill Light
Miss Lucifer
Deep Hit of Morning Sun
Some Velvet Morning
Autobahn 66
CD 2 -
Come Together (Hypnotone Brain Machine mix)
Higher Than the Sun (Higher Than the Orb extended remix)
Loaded (Terry Farley remix)
Rocks (Jimmy Miller mix)
Jailbird (Sweeney 2 remix)
Kowalski (Automator mix)
Living Dub (Long Life remix)
Stuka (Two Lone Swordsmen mix)
Swastika Eyes (Chemical Brothers mix UK edit)
Exterminator (Massive Attack remix)
Miss Lucifer (Bone to Bone remix)
Some Velvet Morning (Two Lone Swordsmen alternative mix)
Autobahn 66 (Alter Ego remix)
Enjoy,
NØ


Dirty Hits CD1
ReplyDeletetBBglmPk3Y93RtnbgFa7JapH6aMUXVxlJVQKOwgm9d8
Dirty Hits CD2
vSpgG0TCHmYF3YbU3qFHAdPI_2O1etrFfm4BDPTUWyE
I've always had this "Yes" "No" and "Maybe" deal with Primal Scream. Yes I loved their early stuff, No I didn't like everything, and Maybe you have to be drunk to get it.
ReplyDeleteI thinks I'm kinda of the same mindset when it comes Primal Scream. Yes, No, & Maybe sez it all. They are possibly the most inconsistent band ever, following every great album with a shit one, but right now I'm MAYBE because I'm DRUNK (on power).
DeleteI'm just about to go out for something to eat...I'm turning THE POWER OFF
Delete