On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

22 July 2026

Is This Where it Ends?

 

Daniel Vadestid & Johannes Hedberg are Carbon Based Lifeforms (obviously), a Downtempo / Ambient / acid electronic project based in Göteborg, Sweden, formed in 1996;
 
Daniel Vadestrid (born Daniel Ringström) is a Swedish Downtempo / Ambient producer & musician. He met Johannes Hedberg in 1991 when Hedberg transferred to the same high school. They founded the Downtempo / Ambient duo Carbon Based Lifeforms in 1996. Daniel is also the founder & owner of Leftfield Records. They were heavily influenced by the music of electronic bands like The Future Sound of London & Boards of Canada. The duo are responsible for some of the finest Swedish electronica.

On Interloper, CBL create somber, emotionally intense yet hopeful sonic luminous streams of extraordinary acid Ambient & space electronica. This album contains layers of swirling lush arpeggios, penetrating melodies, gleaming motifs, deep basslines, & dynamic beat patterns.This one has additional vocals by Karin My Andersson. 

 

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Interloper, Ultimae Records inre041, 2010.
decryption code in comments

Interloper
Right Where it Ends
Central Plain
Supersede    
Init
Euphotic
Frog
M
20 Minutes    
Polyrytmi
 
 
 

Enjoy,

7 comments:

  1. Interloper
    -53oPOhqNf9JRiVqhzgq-UxQfWmV4wx0nrKreF-jY9Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again! I recommend Horizon 222, a project by Andy Eardley, Andy Seymour, and Ben Ponton, some members of Zoviet France. It features downtempo tracks with a dub influence and the wonderful deep trance track, Spirit Level.

    Wishing you good health and a positive mindset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again to you Carlos MM.

      I grabbed the one you mentioned (Through the Round Window)...great stuff. I then found another one, The Three of Swans & a bonus track “Psychedelic Music”. All tremendous. Thanks so much for introducing me to some new (to me) music.

      Andy E & Ben P are familiar from work with ZF. Don’t really know Andy s. Will check him out further.

      & thanks for the well wishes. With the PT & help from the Wound Center I'm on the mend. Always try to keep positive, even in the face of the worst adversity.

      Delete
    2. Well, this has caught my attention, of course. I know The Three of Swans, but nothing else by Horizon 222. So, thanks a lot, Carlos MM for pointing that album out to us. Maybe that would be a nice thing to post here, Nate ...?
      I hope things keep getting better for you. Still, every morning when I see a new NSS post, it makes me happy. The time when you couldn't post anything was a shock for all of us here, I suppose.

      Delete
    3. Along the same lines is the other project from Andy E and Andy S, called Ingleton Falls. Similar downtempo with dub influences from the same era, though I prefer Horizon 222.

      Also wishing you well, glad to see the updates that you are making progress.

      Delete
    4. To FlaccusMUC, since I downloaded Through the Round Window & you asked so nicely, I'll try to add a link ASAP. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

      To Mooz, will check out Ingleton Falls but I really like what I've heard from Horizon222. Thanks for the well wishes. You all keep me positive.

      Delete
  3. Love Carbon Based Lifeforms, thank you for sharing! Cheers! :0)

    ReplyDelete