Khokhmah is the musical project of London-born Kirk Degiorgio, one of the UK's foremost electronic artists. As a member of the UK techno scene since the early 90s, Degiorgio has over thirty years experience as a producer & DJ.
Degiorgio's career includes releases for labels such as Planet E, R&S, Versatile, Freerange, Mo’Wax, Ubiquity, & many more. Khokhmah is his latest venture.
Taking over two years to complete, Degiorgio unleashes his long-awaited Dub album on the Khokhmah Records label. Dubbed from original riddims by Degiorgio, these 12 Dubs use techniques solely from the early-to-mid 70s. Made with respect to the originators of this wonderful Jamaican-born art form, Khokhmah (wisdom) is a reverential evocation of Dubs first golden age.
Horns of Jericho
Decree & Prophecy
Royal Line of Kings
66 Verses
Suffering Servant
Mercy Never Fail
Inheritance
One of Twelve, Twelve of One
bonus tracks -
Suffering Servant (version 2)
Mercy Never Fail (version 2)
Inheritance (version 2)
One of Twelve, Twelve of One (version 2)
Enjoy,
NØ


Khokhmah 1
ReplyDeleteAnNk5pMmp_mXGgpRBIneuNNSqKSbjshPrM6MAyc26PM
Oh this is great, and thank you - I'd not have come across this if not for you. I love this mix of modern and nostalgic. its done with great care and skill.
ReplyDeleteThanks, brother. Thought this sounded really sweet to these old ears.
DeleteHello NØ and thank you so much for your generosity! You became my number one music provider lately! I have a request : do you have maybe this "Haul And Pull Up Selecta (Heavy Weight Dancehall 1979-82)", a Trojan compilation that I had has a double cd and that I lost and miss it because there are crazy tracks on it, the whole thing is a killer... Thank you and Thank you
ReplyDeleteThanks Matthieu Séry. Good to have you aboard this leaking creaking vessel of tunes. After your kind words, how could I refuse.
DeleteVarious - Haul & Pull Up Selecta, Trojan Records TJDDD061, 2003.
https://mega.nz/file/SgFkjR4D#mDpmDm9LDQQ3PI08eomtmIxeuYmuH52zSnDaSUhzROM
It's a good one! Love him as As One since then, never expected a dub album.
ReplyDeleteSo thank you very much. Cheers!
Always great to hear a surprise from artists we like. Thanks anon.
Delete