On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

13 September 2026

Dubtember 13 - Drawn Dub

 

I've shared Deadbeat many times here. He is always a go-to for me, I enjoy all his work, the variety & recognizability are a perfect one-two for me.

Drawn & Quartered consists of five long-form tracks each pushing beyond the ten-minute mark, laid-back & heavily Rootsy in character. For me, this album grows in substance & strength with each listen, as its textural richness grows more conspicuous with each revisitation. Here Deadbeat plunges deeply into Dub techno in its purest form. 

 

 

Deadbeat - Drawn & Quartered, BLKRTZ BLKRTZ001, 2011.
decryption code in comments


First Quarter
Second Quarter    
Third Quarter (The Vampire of Mumbai)    
Fourth Quarter     (Cala's House)
Plateau Quarter (Hope in Numbers)

 



Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. Drawn & Quartered
    QWfAJuElGC5PsaN0abpd9XLggTCl1vZuM59Qj-eMhJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG (as the kids say)
    Brilliant and deep and elegant and infinitely repeatable.
    Thank you, NØ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You summed up my opinion of this perfectly. Deadbeat seems always "infinitely repeatable". Thanks PW.

      Delete
  3. Good stuff NØ! Thanks for the dub techno! Dark and introspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for a Sunday night...dark & introspective.

    ReplyDelete