On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

17 September 2026

Dubtember 17 - Dub Secrets

Here's a great offering from the WordSound label. 
 



Scarab is another project of label head Serath "Skiz" Fernando (hope I got it right this time Mooz) joined by illbient, Trip-hop, Downtempo, Dub, minimal electronics musician Capt. Kowatch (The Conference of the Birds) & Sassan Gan aka Professor Shehab (Qaballah Steppers, Baraka Orchestra). They released three full-lenghts under the Scarab moniker in the mid-90s. 

This is their third, most accomplished offering. 

  

Scarab - Secrets of the Past & Future, WordSound WSCD019, 1996.
decryption code in comments

Seekers of Truth (Tulab El Haqq)    
Aftermath    
Scent of Arura    
Untitled I    
Burnt Offerings    
Untitled II    
The Castle of Nonexistence (Bath Badgerd)    
Fall of the Towers of Convention    
Internal Dynasty
The Lost Sonic
 
 
 

Enjoy,

1 comment:

  1. Secrets of the Past & Future
    zlkhWXNBMbJC7_CYbpHuoWnOqISlXlg-C-Zsn6LkrDQ

    ReplyDelete