While I'm supplying lost music from Siblingshot On the Bleachers, you might be interested in the literary endeavors that Ian Begg (IB) was working on as he was away from the musicblog world.

His first release is A Reign on Chimney Poets: Meditations On & Off the Bleachers. His second release is Safe as MILF: Selected Poems - Missives On & Off the Bleachers. A third release is in the works, Piggies: A Novel - Off the Bleachers.

The first two are available from SibLINGSHOT PRESS LTD. & can be purchased online through Amazon, Waterstones in the UK & AbeBooks in the US or other retail outlets. The easiest way to get a copy is to simply leave a comment at https://siblingshot.wordpress.com/ to secure your signed & personalised softcover copy direct from the author, subject to availability. & as a favor to Frenz of NSS, the first person to order either book can get a free copy of either book just by mentioning that you heard about it here. Limit 1 (one) copy to the first person who buys either book.

03 July 2024

An Obligation, an Irascible Itch

Where we diverged geographically, we lived on the same page. 
 


My sister sent me a text message today warning "TODAY IS INTERNATIONAL DISADVANTAGED PEOPLE'S DAY". What can it mean ? She mistrusts my epic humour, certainly, and is forever trying to catch me on the wrong foot. It's like a game of darts where the points have all worn blunt.

I nod my head and grin.

The good news - depending on your vantage point, dear reader - is this. I am drowning but not yet prone beneath the surf. Some kind Presbyterian souls passing by, grabbed hold of my wrists, and gently pulled me ashore. I say Presbyterian, but more accurately I should suggest Catholic, for that's undoubtably where my taste resides; catholic in my sensibilty, and catholic in the agate, celtic rock I shall perish on. Or perhaps not. It all depends, I suppose, on which way the wind blows.

Thank you all equally and hallowed be thy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment