On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

09 May 2024

The Naterock Album Dump Part 8

 

Continuing on with part eight of a continuing series, 1982 - 1983. Remember, a .zip file marked simply Albums List will be included in each dump, so youcan decide from that what you want or simply reference the list below (& with each posting).

Naterock Album Dump Part 8


Part Two -
1982
Bad Brains - Bad Brains
Siouxsie & the Banshees - Siouxsie & the Banshees
Descendents - Milo Goes to College
The Clash - Combat Rock
Flipper - Generic Flipper
The Gun Club - Miami
Sparks - Angst in My Pants
Mission of Burma - Vs
1983
The Dream Syndicate - Tell Me When it’s Over
Cleaners from Venus - In the Golden Autumn
D.O.A. - Right to Be Wild
Dicks - Kill from the Heart
Minor Threat - Out of Step
Sad Lovers & Giants - Feeding the Flame

Enjoy,

11 comments:

  1. Recently went back to studio for first in a verrrrry long time, if you fancy a listen: https://open.spotify.com/album/6g5GA6NF8NUX0eOmjkpRsr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using my uncanny sense of the obvious, I'm guessing you're "Animal Farm" & "Dead End Street"??? Listened to both. Really enjoyed the "Dead End" cover. Not to be presumptuous but do you have more stuff from "a verrrrry long time" ago?

      Delete
  2. Richie Muster5/10/24, 1:58 AM

    There's some very interesting albums here. I'm especially looking forward to the Dicks, Sparks and Descendants. Ta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gettin toward the end of this series. More in line with you "younger" folks.

      Delete
  3. You presume correctly , and yes I do have demos from many moons ago, have not had a band in a long while, glad you liked Deadend that was more my vision, Animal I got roped into singing as friends whose studio & project it was asked, lot of good local Denver artists on the project. Happy to send anything, have demos from Stiff when I was a lad, produced by Wreckless Eric, who lived nearby in Chatham when I was in UK, now in Colorado since '89, anyway lot of pop rock singer songwriter type nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to hear anything you'd feel good about sharing. Stiff demos produced by Wreckles Eric, I'm in.

      Delete
    2. I'll get some stuff together & we transfer it or some such, I was in a short lived project with Eric, not on LP but part of touring group "Captains Of Industry" corker of a record, recently ripped a nice copy I'll include that also

      Delete
  4. So yeah, this stuff is not for me. Because I have every album you have offered! For those others reading this, all 8 editions of this series contains absolute essential music across the spectrum. Hats of to you NØ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliment. I guess there are people out there as twisted as I. Nice to know. Only two more installments to go & probably no surprises for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were some good years in the underground! Looks like we were listening to 80% of the same records; I'll need to check out the few that weren't in constant rotation on the turntable at the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope some of that 20% tickles your ears. Thanks, MrDave.

      Delete