On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

23 September 2024

Sound Systember 23

King Alpha
 
 



Joseph King Alpha was born in Ghana. He's lived in West London since 1991. He is a master of Dub productions in the heavyweight Steppas style. He is a veterans of the UK Dub scene. He runs King Alpha Sound System & the King Alpha recording label. His Sound System is one of the largest Sounds on the British Isles.

He has collaborated with Tena Stelin, Iration Steppas, Fikir Amlak, Conscious Sounds, Herbsman, Dub Judah & more on his King Alpha label. Since 2014, Fikir Amlak has frequently performed as a singer alongside King Alpha Sound System. King Alpha's sound is a sweet blending of old & nu skool UK Sound System Dub. 

 



King Alpha sez:
     "My life is my music. I express myself through my sound & words. I am who I am as an artist. I will always be the man of wisdom & a man who seeks."

Let's start off with a live session of the King Alpha Sound System at Club Addictive, Park Royal, London January 30, 2015.

 

King Alpha Sound System - Club Addictive, London, 2015.
all decryption codes in comments
 
 
 
 
 

Next, NSS favorite Oku Onuora hooks up with King Alpha on this 7" single...
 
 
Oku Onuora - Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Akashic Records AR7002, 2015

A Side -
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow - Oku Onuora
B Side -
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow (Dub version) - King Alpha
 
 
 
 

This one has King Alpha teaming up the above mentioned Fikir Amlak & Russ D (The Disciple again, I know yer seeing a pattern here)...
 
 
Fikir Amlak,Russ D, & King Alpha - I Am That I Am, Akashic Records AR-1203, 2016.

A Side -
I Am That I Am - Fikir Amlak
Mix 1
Mix 2 - Russ D

B Side -
I Am That I Am - Fikir Amlak
Mix 1
Mix 2 - King Alpha
 
 
 
 

Here's King Alpha's upcoming offering due out November 6...
 

Eye of the Needle Dub
Fury of Shaolin Dub
Heart of Lion Dub
Many Prophets Dub
Nothing Broken Dub
Prime Factor Dub
Terrifying City Dub
The Great Fire Dub
Thundering Mantis Dub
Unexpected Elements Dub
 
 
  

Bass culture,

1 comment:

  1. Live at Club Addictive
    ZMe_Y-T90OhMd0sFW_IlvADJtHaG1rrBglZxr5Z4ea0
    Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
    9TMAndP9j-5QZCuX1EK_gqmKrw8JNQHBgXaLuhNRTAU
    I Am That I Am
    l1wequMGKEsWmIxfFgZblu6gpaSu_ig_r1qi-JQgfow
    Dub Scrolls: Mythology
    CEN6PkgGhPjHQbTOlGLdCkt4xv77tC5HtxfQaPR7i0c

    ReplyDelete