On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

19 August 2026

The Ground Sounds of London

When I was hitting the Downtempo in July, I shared Sounds from the Ground - Mosaic. Don't want to get too chilled again already but I do want to share a few more from SftG. Their mix of Dub & Ambient always hits me just right. Thought I'd take a stroll through their catalogue & share a few highlights. 

 



Most of their releases are strictly instrumental, but the addition of vocals for these tracks really elevate their sound to new heights. You can really feel the soul & heart behind their music here... 

 

Sounds from the Ground - Natural Selection, Nettwerk, 2002.
all decryption codes in comments

Lean on Me featuring Linda Duggan - vocals
Moving into a New Space featuring Lloyd Bentley Scott - guitar & Nicola Hitchcock - vocals
Inner World featuring – Aine Belton - vocals
Gentle Healing (Trust) featuring Aine Belton- vocals
The Shepherd featuring General Levy - vocals
New Day featuring Aine Belton - vocals
Whispers
I Forgive Me featuring Nicola Hitchcock - vocals
Wishing Tree featuring Lloyd Bentley Scott - guitar
Pictured
 
 
 
 

Moving forward in time eight years, this next one has some mind bending beats with grooves dark & mysterious. A sharp departure from the Downtempo Dub of previous releases to a more moody Ambient sound.
 
 
Sounds from the Ground - The Maze, Waveform Records WAV10102-2, 2010.

Gap in the Clouds    
A Thousand Colours    
Delphine    
Acid Cornflats    
Midnight Crossing
This Land    
Subdub'in    
The Lenox    
Temple Steps    
Afterglow
 
 
 
.

Here's a more recent release, slightly more leftfield but firmly in the SftG lane...
 
 
Sounds from the Ground - Binary, Upstream Records UP0017, 2019.

Blaze Mountain    
Life's Casino    
Planet X    
Missing You
The Lines    
Heartlands    
Felt    
Train of Thought    
Anniesland
 
 
 

Enjoy,

1 comment:

  1. Natural Selection
    qCeMEbzqPB2B06gyMwtSAJei628rIFEuiq_khH3l7hk
    The Maze
    pYCX6KOxOs-eoIABAik_Pq2ZldRm7RBVuhQvfKfQfFA
    Binary
    MN5m-RrPuVVcfS0jsq9Ojk2vCNOF2efRwJKoWlJtZl8

    ReplyDelete