On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

04 July 2020

Too Much Time on My Mind




I  realize I often talk about the sychronicity that occurs that sets me on the course to any given musickal excursion. Those weird coincidences that we've probably all experienced & said. "Wuh?" But synchronicity is nearly as antiquated a concept as coincidences. & nobody believes in coincidences anymore, do they? What I really mean to express is that the quantum entanglement that snares me in its web made me do it.






Sigmund Freud fathered human psychoanalysis & began unraveling the processes of the unconscious, the pre-consciousness, & consciousness in directing human behavior. He  spotlighted how every action has a underlying cause, whether apparent or seemingly invisible. Until Freud began to unlock the psyche, coincidences were believed to be either God-Universe..."Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous" or probability..."In large populations any strange thing can happen". Freud went on to state that  subconsciously we can create our own coincidences. We subconsciously create some coincidence situations to help us resolve psychological conflicts.






Freud's heir apparent Carl Gustav Jung introduced synchronizität or synchronicity. The concept states that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related. Throughout his career, Jung set forth multiple definitions of the term, defining synchronicity as: "meaningful coincidence"; an "acausal connecting principle"; "acausal parallelism"; or a "meaningful coincidence of two or more events where something other than the probability of chance is involved." It was Jung's belief that, just as events may be connected by causality, they may also be connected by meaning. Events connected by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of causality.


Freud became discouraged with Jung & condemned him for wallowing in what he called the "black tide of the mud of occultism".






But this is not occult, this is the Quantum World.


In classical information theory, there is a binary system of bits (a portmanteau of "binary digits") which can take only two values: 0 or 1.  However, with the discoveries in the Quantum World, a quantum bit (in a shortened form qu-bit) can take simultaneously the values 0 & 1. Qubits are in a superposition of both states at the same time.






Like Schrodinger’s cat, until acted on by an observer (Observer Created Universe), the actual state is unknown. When a qubit is measured, the superposition state collapses to a basis binary state. An important distinguishing feature between classical bits & qubits is that multiple qubits can exhibit quantum entanglement.







Suppose that the mental states first proposed by Freud, i.e. the unconscious, pre-consciousness, consciousness, are made up of sets of mental qubits. Therefore Jung's so-called synchronistic events between causality & meaning, the material & the mental domains are merely the consequence of a quantum fluctuations between mind & matter. Until I think about it, its state is variable. When I  "a-ha", then I've really stepped in it. Quantum entanglement has me in its grips.







So I could be reading most anything right now, but I'm reading Beat Punks by Victor Bokris.  I could be reading any chapter, but I'm reading the chapter "Allen Ginsberg on Heros".  Ginsberg is talking about Bob Dylan.  Beats, Bokris, & Bob...I go "a-ha" as I realize the deluge of all the Bs. Just then, my player, on infinite shuffle, which could be playing any of 2+ Terabytes of songs,  kicks into  "Crossing the Rubicon" by, yes, you got it, Bob Dylan. Quantum Bees. Which led to this whole rant. Its not my fault, the entanglement made me do it, I tell ya.


Here's what Ginsberg was saying: "I think there's a natural progression in Dylan's work...of mountain peaks & valleys, mountain peaks & valleys, with succeeding intensification & succeeding reality & succeeding genius..."


I've never posted up any Dylan here at NSS. You've probably heard of him on your own, but...


For seven consecutive decades, Bob Dylan has had albums in the Top40.  His latest, Rough & Rowdy Ways is his 39th studio album, his first album of original songs since 2012s Tempest.


C'mon, take an irrevocable step that commits you to an unchangeable future. Create your own universe by simply observing. Listen up.



from Bob Dylan - Rough & Rowdy Ways, CD1, Columbia 19439780982, 2020.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment