On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

26 October 2014

Change is the Only Constant, Teen!





Watched the first episode of the new NBC series Constantine this week-end. I'm no Vertigo/DC Comics pantheon fan boy, but I like Hellblazer, Sandman, & a few similar comics. I liked the 2005 Constantine  movie (I'll admit I'm a fan of Ted 'Theodore' Logan…liked him since River's Edge, which although a work of fiction, was inspired by the actual murder of Marcy Conrad, who was killed by her boyfriend Anthony Jacques Broussard in Milpitas, California in 1981 while I was living there…but I digress) so I decided to check it out.

Constantine’s business card with a 404 (Atlanta, GA) area code. 
You can call the number & hear a voice-mail message from Constantine directly.

Constantine is John Constantine – Exorcist, Demonologist, & Master (Dabbler) of the Dark Arts (he's having his business cards reprinted). Preceding this first episode, Constantine’s band, Mucous Membrane, stumble upon a gory murder scene at the Casanova Club. A possessed young girl by the name of Astra Logue is identified as the suspected perp. Constantine attempts an exorcism, but the exorcism fails. The demon responsible is Nergal, a recurring nemesis of John's. Constantine heads to Ravenscar (Secure Facility for the Dangerously Deranged) for some good ole Electro-Shock Therapy treatment to help him forget.



The show has cool atmosphere & visuals (IMO some good CGI effects). The show offers many nods to comic fans (see the essential relics in Jasper Winter’s collection).

The pilot was a bit crowded, as it had a great deal of character & storyline explaining to do (quickly establishing a vast, comics-based mythology for a mixed audience is no easy task), but I think the coming episodes should open up a bit.

All in all kinda messy but that’s how I live my life…KINDA MESSY!

Brian Tyler & Klaus Badelt – Constantine OST, Varèse Sarabande 302 066 636 2, 2005.
decryption code in comments

Tracklist –
Destiny
The Cross Over
Meet John Constantine
Confession
Deo et Patri
Counterweight
Into the Light
I Left Her Alone
Resurrection
Circle of Hell
Last Rites
Encountering a Twin
Flight to Ravenscar
Humanity
John
Someone was Here
Hell Freeway
Ether Surfing
The Balance
Absentee Landlords
John’s Solitude
Lucifer
Rooftop
Constantine End Titles

Enjoy,

2 comments:

  1. _9Tpsmx0B1BSba9m5saKDJBHCMota0zR2gGYUEfty_k

    ReplyDelete
  2. "River's Edge" was a fine film. While seemingly factual enough in its treatment, I had little idea that it was essential dramatising "real" events. Interesting.

    Watched and enjoyed the original "Constantine" movie too, so I'll be keeping my out for the TV spinoff.

    ReplyDelete