On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

28 August 2026

Requests

To finish off the rest of this fine month, I'm going to be filling a few request that I've wanted to give a bit more attention.

First up, when I was sharing Primal Scream, a friend of mine, Dale, emailed me. 

He sez:
     "I know you’ve been avoiding sharing Screamadelica because of its obvious ubiquity, but I’ve been searching for some time for Screamadelica Live. Do you have it & would you share it or send me a link?"

I do have & I will. I thought about just sending him a link in an email reply, but I had a couple other requests I wanted to address, so here goes. He sez "ubiquity", how could I not...

Screamadelica Live was released in 2011 for Primal Scream's tour for the 20th anniversary of 1991s Screamadelica. The performance was filmed at the Olympia Grand Hall in London on November 26, 2010. It is the final Primal Scream album to feature bassist Gary 'Mani' Mounfield (R.I.P.) who departed PS & reformed his previous band The Stone Roses later that same year.

Note: For this share I have included the tracks from the Rock & Roll Set as well. Also of interest is the fact that Primal Scream used a gospel choir during the Screamadelica songs, adding another level of musical creativity.

Primal Scream - Screamadelica Live, Eaglevision ERBRD5080GV, 2011.
decryption code in comments

Screamadelica set -
Movin' on Up    
Slip Inside this House    
Don't Fight it, Feel It    
Damaged    
I'm Coming Down    
Shine like Stars    
Inner Flight    
Higher Than the Sun    
Loaded    
Come Together

Rock & Roll set -
Accelerator    
Country Girl    
Jailbird    
Burning Wheel    
Suicide Bomb    
Shoot Speed/Kill Light    
Swastika Eyes    
Rocks
 
 

Enjoy,

2 comments:

  1. Screamadelica Live
    GiVNoZzfaJnDzb793CdohcXtVgF3tq_r9e6APr_O2ws

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always felt ambivalent towards Screamadelica due to its very ubiquity back in the day: it was the soundtrack to a scene of which i wasn't a part, and i heard it ambiently at too many house parties etc to grow fond of it; but latterly, and especially live they've proved to be a different prospect altogether - a powerful, tight unit which has created some of the most resonant music of the last 25yrs. All of which is a wordy way of saying that this could be right up my alley, especially the Rock 'n' Roll set. Cheers, Nate.

    ReplyDelete