On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

09 November 2008

Bill Nelson Deluxe

UPDATE: This post was re-uploaded 08/24/2013. Enjoy, NØ.

"Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape", "Axe Victim", "No Trains to Heaven"...whether in Be Bop Deluxe, Red Noise, or solo performances, I have always considered Bill Nelson a consummate musickian, who creates aural landscapes of unbelievable beauty, undeniable life, & often unappreciated depth. Here is some of his musick for your listening pleasure:


Bill Nelson - Sounding the Ritual Echo (Atmospheres for Dreaming),
Enigma Records 7 73382-4, 1989.
all decryption codes for this post are in comments

"Sounding the Ritual Echo was recorded in the privacy of my own home on broken or faulty tape machines & speakers, each track possessing its own technological deformity. For this I offer no apology as the music owes its existence to a very personal & selfish obsession. As a direct result, some pieces will require a little patience.

This album, originally released in a limited edition in 1981 as a bonus album for Quit Dreaming & Get on the Beam , was the first in a series of purely instrumental albums issued by Cocteau Records from the archives of the Echo Observatory." - Bill Nelson

Side 1 -

Annunciation
The Ritual Echo
Sleep
Near East
Emak Bakia
My Intricate Image
Endless Orchids
The Heat in the Room

Side 2 -

Another Willingly Opened Window
Vanishing Parades
Glass Fish
Cubical Domes
Ashes of Roses
The Shadow Garden
Opium


Bill Nelson - The Summer Of God's Piano,
Enigma Records 7 73376-2, 1989.

Written, composed, & played by Bill Nelson. Originally released as part of the Trial by Intimacy boxed set in 1984.

Side 1 -

Antennae Two
Transmission (N.B.C. 97293)
The Sleep of Hollywood
The Celestial Bridegroom
Under the Red Arch
Orient Pearl
Sacrament
Falling Blossoms
The Difficulty of Being
Zanoni
The Chinese Nightingale

Side 2 -

Tantra
Soon September (Another Enchantment)
Rural Shires
Perfidio Incanto
The Lost Years
The Charm of Transit
Night Thoughts (Twilight Radio)
Wysteria
Swing
Snowfall
Realm of Dusk
Over Ocean


Bill Nelson - A Catalogue of Obsessions, Enigma Records 7 73379-4, 1989.

Written, composed, & played by Bill Nelson. Originally released as part of the Trial by Intimacy boxed set in 1984.

Side 1 -

Sex Party Six
Wider Windows for the Walls of the World
Time in Tokyo
Happily Addicted to You
Snakes with Wings
The Boy Pilots of Bangkok
Erotikon
Birds in Two Hemispheres
Windmills in a World Without Wind

Side 2 -

Love's First Kiss
Initiation of the Heart's Desire
Edge of Tears
Test of Affection
Words Across Tables
A Promise of Perfume
This Dangerous Age
The Glass Breakfast
Talk Technique
The Last Summer for Dancing
View from a Balcony


Bill Nelson - Savage Gestures for Charms Sake,
Enigma Records 7 73373-4, 1989.

Produced, & all instruments by Bill Nelson except saxophone on "The Man in the Rexine Suit" by Ian Nelson.

Side 1 -

The Man in the Rexine Suit
Watching My Dream Boat Go Down in Flames
The Meat Room

Side 2 -

Narcosis
Another Happy Thought (Carved for Ever in Your Cortex)
Portrait of Jan with Moon & Stars


Bill Nelson - Map Of Dreams, Enigma Records 7 73389-4, 1989.

Composed, performed & produced by Bill Nelson. Recorded at the Echo Observatory, Yorkshire. Music from the soundtrack of the TV Series.

Side 1 -

Legions of the Endless Night
Spinning Creatures
At the Gates of the Singing Garden
Heavenly Message Number One
Heavenly Message Number Two
Heavenly Message Number Three
Fellini's Picnic
Dark Angel
Infernal Regions
Dance of the Fragrant Woman

Side 2 -

The Alchemy of Ecstacy
Aphrodite Adorned
The Wheel of Fortune & the Hand of Fate
Forked Tongues, Mixed Blessings
Another Tricky Mission for the Celestial Pilot
Water of Life (Transfiguration)


Bill Nelson - The Two-fold Aspect of Everything, Cocteau Records JC 10, 1984.

Record One subtitled "Eaux d'Artifice" is a collection of remixes, obscure B-sides & rarities never before presented in album form.

Side A -

The Best that Can't Go Wrong
White Sound
Living in My Limousine (Remix)
Flesh
Eros Arriving (Single Version)
Hope for the Heartbeat (Remix)
The Passion

Side B -

Ideal Homes
Instantly Yours
Atom Man Loves Radium Girl
Mr. Magnetism Himself
The Burning Question
Haunting in My Head
He & Sleep Were Brothers

Record Two subtitled "Confessions of a Four Track Mind" is made up of domestically recorded four-track demo tapes which due to lack of time were never developed further.

Side C -

Connie Buys a Kodak
Be My Dynamo
Touch & Glow
Love Without Fear
Dada Guitare
Turn to Fiction

Side D -

Rooms with Brittle Views
Love in the Abstract
Daily Bells
Hers is a Lush Situation
When the Birds Return
All My Wives Were Iron


Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana - Iconography,
Cocteau Records JC 18, 1986.

Conceived, arranged & produced by Bill Nelson. Recorded at the Echo Observatory, Yorkshire. Released under the name Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana because of his contract with CBS at the time.

Side A -

Christ Via Wires
Clock Conscious
I Wonder
Eastern Electric
Search & Listen
News from Nowhere
One Man's Fetish is Another Man's Faith

Side B -

Right, then Left
Iconography
The Gods Speak
Life Class
Alter Natives
Sex, Psyche, Etcetera


Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana - Optimism, Cocteau Records JC21, 1988.

Written, recorded, produced by Bill Nelson.
Recorded at the Echo Observatory, Yorkshire.

Side A -

Exactly the Way You Want It
Why Be Lonely
Everday is a Better Day
The Receiver & The Fountain Pen
Welcome Home, Mr. Kane
This is True
Greeting a New Day
The Breath in My Father's Saxophone

Side B -

Our Lady of Apparitions
The Whole City Between Us
Deva Dance
Always Looking Forward to Tomorrow
World thru' Fast Car Window
Profiles, Hearts, Stars
Daughter of Dream Come True
Alchemia

Enjoy,


UPDATE - Optimism is finally uplaoded, no thanks to me, but thanks to a visitor who
bothered to take the time to leave a comment...thanks djethell

50 comments:

  1. You are a great poster and most likely a superior human being. I bought the Trial By Intimacy box in 1984, it's my favorite work by Bill Nelson. I simply cannot express how happy you have made me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly wonderful posting. I had some of these tracks I recorded off the radio way back when and never knew the titles. Now I'm in heaven. One little request if I may. The link for the last album Optimism seems to be missing (or I'm too dumb to find it). Any chance of reposting?
    Thanks regardless of this request.
    Keep up the great work,
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. to anon & djethell,
    thanks for your comments & most kind words.
    to djethell,
    I somehow never uploaded Optimism, as I was working on this post over several days as I ripped them. I will try to have the link posted by this Wednesday - Thursday latest. Thanks for letting me know (I'm the dumb one)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post you got here.
    I have 2 Trial by Intimacy box sets but cant listen to them because I no longer have a turn table. I noticed some chopping sounds on a few of the downloads..but it's still nice to be able to hear Trial and The Twofold Aspect of Everything after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I'm finally getting 'The Summer Of God's Piano', I have been looking for it for ages! I had the tape version that I bought years ago but I finally played it till the tape disintergrated..found it on Amazon...but 25 quid!!&*?...I will get it as soon as a resonable copy comes along..anyway thanxx-a-million.

    the masked man

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a huge fan of this music in the vinyl days long since past. Now some is on iTunes (which I got from there) and all of this is here. Like finding buried treasure. Many many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. long time fan of Mr Nelson so thanks for putting these up, saves my scrachy old vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a louisiana flood scrapped My Bill Nelson record, thanks for the culture

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the sharing of Bill's hard to find music. You Rock Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To everyone who was nice enough to comment positively on the great Bill Nelson, a huge thank you all. I am currently looking through some old boxes of albums & cassettes looking for more Mr. Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO much! Like a few others, I have these on vinyl but no longer have a working turntable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic - thanks greatly for this great music~

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks a lot! summer of god's piano is great [and so hard to find]. the hermetic jukebox is great too. so much bill nelson, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have all of these on vinyl and have enjoyed them thoroughly over the years. And now I can again! Thanks for a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not to sound stupid, but is there any easy and inexpensive way to connect a turntable to a PC?
    If I knew how to do this I could upload a lot of neat things.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    1234567

    ReplyDelete
  17. To Anonymous 1234567,
    There are quite a number of ways to connect your standard turntable to your PC. Just google 'how do I...'
    or go to http://www.dak.com for a relatively inexpensive ($69) interface mixer preamp device.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Palaeo7

    Was quite excited about this until I looked at the file size and reliased you posted lossy rips. What a waste...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Palaeo7
    Fuck You.
    All rips are done by me at 320Kbps.
    Not flac but not 'lossy rips' asshole.
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey nathan.
      Man i've been looking everywhere for this record (Sounding the ritual echo)
      Everywhere i look the link is dead. You're my only hope. Could you upload this to mediafire?
      I would be so grateful... i've heard so many good things about this record.

      Thanks mate :)

      Delete
  20. thanks for the files! I think Bill Nelson is a lost artist, lost by the tidal wave of punk, then new wave, grunge-no matter-he is an excellent musician who always innovates. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you upload your Sounding the ritual echo to mediafire willycannon?
      Megaupload is dead. I totally love all the other stuff i have heard so far.

      It would be greatly appreciated.

      thanks

      Delete
    2. to Ryuchi,

      when I click on your name I am directed to google?
      how about at least some virtual contact.
      if you checked out my most recent posting, I am in the midst
      of moving. I will be completely moved by May Day, & would
      be more than glad to re-up anything here as soon as I unpack the
      correct box.
      but in the mean time, let's get person-al.

      Delete
    3. Oh nathan if you're glad to re-up anything, what about Map of Dreams bill nelson aswell?

      that would be sweet.
      I always come across your blog when im searching for music.
      I'll deffinatley check out your new blog too

      (i'll be checing my emails now every hour hahaha)

      -ryuchi

      Delete
  21. MEGA decryption codes
    Sounding Echo
    PIj2OBiXPD5N3NQA2Utp1gvJDUc0fbw6RB5yJJZmYXI
    God’s Piano
    MI93AHFzf5xnujp9Xov5gzc6h9IXka4UV_9cSRDPXyw
    Catalogue
    LJbhSy3E8M4yGd6j1iPdHE8ahmsq70_EVlHAE_SqKqc
    Savage Gestures
    LHKvE1Puk6IFSZaWEEiNlTq4FOpZy7U_OMFy53YDtWo
    Map of Dreams
    Wi6p30QXrnDJ8lumT5FR70Ks92pArDcr-8f4pwbIHHI
    Two Fold Aspect:
    Record 1
    D3IwjUqRUmBTCtHfam33Vkvdr0ACQNW6INdgZgB_Kog
    Record 2
    LBw-7UgYvqqt5aW3YkJ2lXzUWc8yRUC1q5_M8Q20uJU
    Iconography
    D_hvkihne8p0L7RdVpnnwUAufgRGgnkIHtMJPUhvqPc
    Optimism
    VRDIQQV-run6io-2HXfc01gHuuVCY-Ie1x_T8BTDN6A

    ReplyDelete
  22. THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!! "TWO FOLD ASPECT" IS UNAVAILABLE AND OUT OF PRINT, SO I'M NOT FEELING GUILTY. GOOD WORK, MATE!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. YOU ARE MOST WELCOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks a lot, I was specifically after the track 'Another Happy Thought' but sadly it skips throughout. Thanks for doing it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JIRO,
      I sent you an email with a link to the song you wanted. Hope it is better.

      Delete
  25. Thanks you for taking the time to post this Bill Nelson back catalogue. Some of the albums I never knew existed! I bought Quit Dreaming, Love that Whirls & Chimera when they were released, when I was a not even a teenager in Inverness, Scotland. Like his vocal, more commercial stuff, but also the instrumental/ambient music as well. Great stuff! Hope you are well, I suffer same condition. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant stuff. Does anyone out there have Ecclesia Gnostica (Music For The Interior Church)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I never got around to posting this last part when I posted up Chance Encounters.
      You can grab Ecclesia Gnostica here.

      Delete
  27. Many thanks, just got a copy of Sounding at last! CD was stolen long ago and Insurance Co could not replace.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for your posts they are really good, can you tell me if the the " two fold aspects" upload is a mixed compilation s all the tracks stop abruptly then go into the next track whereas if you source the tracks individually they are longer? though you're uploads sound much sharper..
    Cheer, Steven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If memory serves me, & it usually doesn't, I ripped two fold from a cassette I had of the two & there was indeed an issue with the track endings. The best I have though, so what can I do. If you find a better version, let me know & share it...I'll post it here in place of this one. Until then...

      Delete
  29. Querido amigo Nathan:
    Te envío un abrazo enorme. La posibilidad de encontrar estas "joyitas" me ha insuflado aire fresco en mi sensibilidad musical.


    Firma: Federico, el desantropomorfosaurizador.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Saludos amigo Federico. Intento difundir las "joyas". Me alegro de que los estés disfrutando. Nathan, el Nada.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what is the mega nz decryption key please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the decryption codes are different for each release. The list is in the 27th comment dated 8/14/2013. Just find the one(s) you want, cut & paste when prompted by MEGA.

      Delete
  32. what is key decrypter for mega file sharing site....anyone??
    LMK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bagginziz, ya never woulda completed a quest if ya can't search better than that. The decryption codes are always listed in the comments somewhere if they are needed.

      Delete
  33. ...oh nvr mind about the decryption codes ,i found them in a later "blogpost" ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't find the decryption codes for any of these files on a later "blogpost" as you say. All the decryption codes are unique to the files for which they are created.

      Delete
  34. Fantastic offering. Thank you very much, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Another fantastic post! Thank you from another Invernessian (what are the chances...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome from Inverness & thanks for the kind words.

      Delete