Christian Gregory Ingle is Christian Lunch, a minimal synth-punk musician from California. He lived in the Los Angeles area in the late 70s & lurked around the periphery of the L.A. music scene for a time. He released a couple of EPs on his own Fish Ranch label before deciding to move to Europe in the early 80s. With only the clothes on his back & a Teac 4-track for luggage, he came to rest in Hamburg, Germany.
He released his first full-lehgth on the Konkurrenz Schallplatten label. It is a refreshingly unique take on the evolving genre of experimental synth-punk of the early 80s.
Side Eins -
A Message from the Boss
Strangling of a Small Dog
PCH
Monika Po
Animal Life
Pogo Muzak
Jokes on You
Butzmania
Mambo Jambo
Ivory Coast
Side Zwei -
Party Boys
Cha Cha Cha
Denken Str.
Bitchen Egyptian
Bauhaus Retreads
Hausfrau Dub
Tears from Jürgen Wo
Music for Senile Buddhist Quartet
Weltsendeschluß
Enjoy,
NØ


Shark Bait
ReplyDelete6a_2t34Voy5SU66EvmeXmolExADYENK4iJqJ9ls3Rn8
Enjoy it i shall! I've been on the lookout for Christian Lunch ever since i heard his 'Welcome To The Neighborhood' years ago. This'll do very nicely.
ReplyDeleteWhilst i'm here, Nate, i wonder if i could ask a favour of you? I recently picked up a CD by Attwenger (an Austrian neo-folk band from Linz) called 'Sun'. It's bloody marvellous, it is. You wouldn't happen to have anything else by this fantastic duo, would you? As ever, i am indebted to you. Thank you, my friend.
Glad I could share my Lunch with you.
DeleteAs to Attwenger, I believe I have their 2005/2006 follow-ups Dog & Dog 2 around somewhere. Give me a few says to find them & check back here. Thanks brother.
Nicely mate. I'll look forward to that.
DeleteRichie, here's Dog & Dog2 remixes:
DeleteDog, Trikont US-0340, 2005.
https://mega.nz/file/r1kHGBba#v2ETTtiQqBGp5MSoNz2az_AClc_3sDolswruhlH7F8c
Dog2, Trikont US-0348, 2006.
https://mega.nz/file/fw1WyCSD#_4vxmHI7m5iLe2KZkGmBdvrczvpP0u15GpUEd4xb-lU
Much obliged to you, mi amigo. I'll be bumping these to the top of the playlist over coming days.
DeleteI Love The Album, THX 4 It
ReplyDeleteMost welcome.
DeleteHi
ReplyDeleteHe also issued a EP called "Unreliable Sources" and was featured on the "Let Them Eat Jellybeans" album (2 songs)
He's got some more recent titles (well, between 3 and 13 years...) on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/christian-lunch
Thanks for the comment, the info, & the Soundcloud link. I'm sure some folks will be glad for this.
DeleteIt's hard to find a good Christian Lunch in these heathen times! Thank you for sharing his LP. Wish I had better rips of his EP's Global Reach and Product (aka Dolphin Lust) with Cole Palme from Factrix.
ReplyDeleteThis jumble of sounds is giving me Chrome vibes. ;0) Many Thanks!
ReplyDeleteChristian came from the same CA music scene in the late 70s. He was from LA, Chrome from S.F., but they navigated some of the same sounds, for sure.
Delete