On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

02 March 2020

20-20 Vision


"So Mr, Mr. DJ
Keep those records playin'
'Cause I'm a-havin' such a good time
Dancin' with my baby"

Many of my NSS friends have been hittin' me with emails..."What's up?" "You still out there?"

Life sometimes just creeps up on us all & makes us do other things.

This blogging shit is like a drug. I had to go cold turkey. Now the longer I'm away from it the less I need the fix, but every so often, in the hour of the wolf...

"The hour between night and dawn. The hour when most people die, when sleep is deepest, when nightmares are most real. It is the hour when the sleepless are haunted by their deepest fears, when ghost and demons are most powerful..."

I fear taking just this one hit...that's how it starts...

I'll probably be back...I'm not that strong...but for now...what I'm doing & what I'm dubbing.

DOING


Various - Welcome Home, NØ Comps, 2020

WH cd1 -

Having a Party - Sam Cooke
Strange Land - The Tear Garden
And Even If I Did - School of Language
Cosmic Slop (Moodyman mix) - Funkadelic
Teardrops on Roads - Jaya Prime
Heartbreak Hotel - Poptone
Divide & Rule - Coldcut & On-U Sound
Lady Day - Johnette Napolitano
Somewhere in the Nowhere - Chrysta Bell & David Lynch
Weight of the World - Witch Prophet
Remember (Walkin’ in the Sand) - The Shangri-Las
Strange World in My Mind - June Tyson & the Sun Ra Arkestra


WH cd2 -

Never Get Ahead - Bobby Conn
This is Not Normal - Negativeland
Time - User’s Atmosphere
Out of Your Mind - Dub Narcotic Sound System
Solitary Man - Kramer with Bill Frisell
Noctournquet - The Mars Volta
Days like This - The Pop Group
Fuck it Up - Dream City Film Club
I’m Not Satisfied - Public Image Ltd.
As the Rush Comes (Radio edit) - Motorcycle
Dying on the Vine - John Cale & Chris Spedding (live)
Rock & Roll Music - Tenpole Tudor

DUBBING

Dub Garden is a relatively new band from Thessaloniki, Greece playing musick that to me is Satori...Dub & Trip-Hop so sweetly blended.

Here Dub Garden is: Victoria - lyrics & vocals; Steve Dickins - guitar; & Katerina Deligianni -bass. Produced & dubbed by Ste Stergios.


Dub Garden - Doctor Wind, Studio 10, 2017.
all decryption codes in comments

Talking
Colors
Doctor Wind
Try More
Late Station
Eye Origins
Free
Open Book
Dub Book

& here Dub Garden is: Victoria - vocals; Bill Raikopoulos - guitar; Dimitra Remidians - keyboards, synthesizer, samples; Marw - bass; Popovic - drums; & Amira Lacrima - backing vocals. Mixing, dubbing & FX by Mitsile.



Blues Morning
Just a Man
Horizon
Commands
Find a Way
Running
Point
Orders
Let You Go

See ya later???

9 comments:

  1. Dr Wind
    ZXKjD_rIh0cEVVmyTNswvC6h6blhode7Mr4xp_bzQro
    Orders
    Fy9p1eLbw6I3QtxkULBWTajwgJ1losWOzuuZ9QBIhXs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan's back from nØ man's land, slingin' that cosmic slop!
    We missed you, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the new posts. Hope you're doing okay. FYI, the link for CD1 of the Welcome Home comp is bad, but thanks for the effort and for all the rest. See you when

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link is fixed. Thanks for letting me know, Rev. By being the first to inform me about the broken link you win the prize. Let me know if you want to claim it.

      Delete
  4. Still saying temporary error, sorry to say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just clicked on WHcd1 & no problem. Ready to download.

      Delete
  5. Think I was being blocked, I finally got it to DL..Thanks, for the great tunes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Those of us with unexpected time on our hands are grateful for your ongoing musical tutelage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tutelage...I love that word. It sounds nothing like its meaning, which is totally kool, know what I mean?

      Delete