On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

22 July 2021

Dub is a Dangerous Mighty Weapon of Restoration

Re-uploaded by request of TheeMostHigh, TheeRevLouCifer 08/07/2026 
 
 

Right now I'm lissen' to Spotify. On-U Sound Recordings mix by Milo, some 1026 tracks of ON-U SOUNDZ! boyo.  Just heard Gary Clail "Beef" & right now it's "Ravi Shankar" by Dub Syndicate.

I've just gone through a great upheaval . I decided my life had become stagnant. That didn't really set well with me. I'm not really that kinda guy. Yet life has a way of happening to us. It is life, after-all. It can sweep us away. As the Kinkster sez, "Raking the dead leaves of the past is evil yard work." 

I'm making a new beginning. I could not have done either the Bump or the Glide without DUB.

So for jahtorx, I have chosen to address your request for On-U Sound.

I have to admit that I have been a total ass in the past. I have entirely overlooked posting The New Age Steppers. They are so a part of my heart of DUB that I guess it was as if I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I am gonna take care of that right now (& thanks jahtorx, there is more On-U after this...different universe).

Starting at the beginning, with my apologies for any delay. The great...

New Age Steppers - The New Age Steppers,  On-U Sound ON-U-L-P, 1981.
decryption code in comments

Side 1 -
Fade Away
Radical Drill
State Assembly
Crazy Dreams & High Ideals

Side 2 -
Abderhamane's Demise
Animal Space
Love Forever
Private Armies
 
now with four bonus tracks -
Italize
May 1
Avant Gardening
Singing Love 


Don't fade away. What's Jah's belongs to us all.

Enjoy,

4 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for your musical posts! I'm interested in Jerome van Jones, and I was wondering whether it would be possible to contact Fizzé who knew him? I have not found a a way to send you a message directly! I can tell you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. As to contacting Fizzé, I probably don't have any better sources than you, but I don't know. You can leave your email address in a comment & I will get back to you. I moderate all comments so I will never post your info here, it will be strictly private. Good luck in your search & hope to hear more from you.

      Delete
  2. If there are some sounds that could make this yinzer beg, they belong to On-U Sound. I've been to Intercourse, took the pic, film, of the interstate sigh that reads, Intercourse Next Right, and next right I went, smack dab into the middle of Amish Country. If ever there was a cruel joke, and why no movies ever made, oh the possibilities, and the soundtrack, some Joey Gruscheky(sp) & Houserockers and Anti-Flag in the hands of Mr. Sherwood, Done. Almost forgot some Dawnie Irus, that's Donnie Iris to yunz This Steppers cannot be stepped, may the dub gods breathe some life this way. If not, well, I knew I should not have asked anyway.
    TheeMostHigh, TheeRevLouCifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, TheeRevLouCifer, yinz must be a Burgher. Welcome aboard.

      If you don't ask, it don't happen.

      Thanks for the personal anecdote about good ole Intercourse, of course.
      I'll give that OST a listen, for sure. Thanks for letting me know the link was dead.

      Re-upped & ready for (ON-) U. Here's the new decryption code:

      New Age Steppers
      cZi3iJBOUPbHeEezWXXT-mRYWhBF9wxCN9wItwYiFU4

      Delete