On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

30 August 2021

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust...Dub Along ...Conquer

 

He was born Rainford Hugh Perry on March 20, 1936, in Kendal, Hanover Parish, in northwestern Jamaica. 



Lee "Scratch" Perry died on Sunday, August 29, 2021 at a hospital in Lucea, Jamaica at age 85. 

 



"The music is perfect. I’m sure the music is perfect. I am a mystic. I am a fish. I am a chicken." 

 

Subatomic Sound SS033, 2017.
decryption code in comments

New Ark Subatomic Energy
Zion's Blood    
Chase The Devil (featuring Jahdan Blakkamoore & Screechy Dan)
War Ina Babylon    
Dread Lion    
Patience Dub    
Super Ape    
Curly Dub (Sing Along Jah Jah Children)    
Underground Roots (featuring Ari Up)
Dub Along (featuring Screechy Dan)
Three in One (Go Deya) [featuring Screechy Dan]
So It Conquer
Croaking Lizard (Dubstrumental mix)
Black Vest (Dubstrumental Mix)    
Super Ape (Dubstrumental Mix)    
Dread Lion (Dubstrumental Mix)

R.I.P Dr. Lee, PhD,

3 comments:

  1. QUpQcITNll98e5EIZ9RYR3avSoKa8WPZ2T0B8qLow34

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad but his music and influence will live on. Lucky enough to have seen Scracth Perry live a good few times over the last 20 odd years and he always on top form. I especially remember a set he and Max Romeo did on the main stage the Electric Picnic about 6 years ago . He ran well over his set time -even after the band had left, sound system unplugged and P.A turned off he was still on stage chanting and ranting and had to be literally dragged off stage as roadies tried to set up for the next act. Also he has kind of bookmarked my Covid experience the last gig I was at before the lock down was Lee at the Belfast Empire back in March 2019 and just after I heard of his death I got an email confirming the college I teach at is reopening and going back to normal classes and 'face to face' teaching for the new semester for the first time since April 2019. The Empire gig was a classic as well, as the flyers for the concert said on top of the fanastic amount he recorded and produced himself ,his huge influence on a wide genre of music and unique world view Lee was probably one of the few people over 80 who can and will dance on one leg for more than an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this heart-felt tribute to one of my heroes. The creator of reggae, the innovator of Dub, the crazy genius. He would not sit down. Saw him many times, Palo Alto, San Jose, the last time in 2015 in San Francisco with Subatomic Sound System. That memory is the reason I chose this selection from the breadth & depth of material. Pipecock Jackxon was the magickian/musickian. Thank you again.

      Delete