On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

10 December 2022

Satori in Dub

This may not be what juanjuanjuan was looking for, but while I was searching for Satori releases, of course I came across this Dub session first. 

 



Steven Jess Borth II created Satori in 2005, as a side project from Rx Bandits. Satori debut LP, Savor Every Moment, was released on Asian Man Records. It is a great showcase for what Borth had in his musickal mind.

Borth hooked up with Justin DeHart, a.k.a. Dr. Echo, as a live sound engineer to help create the growing dub direction of Satori. This would eventually evolve into the more experimental project, CHLLNGR, which is a collaborative effort between Borth & DeHart. The previous post showcased their union.

However, in the time between shifting focus from Satori to CHLLNGR, Borth, DeHart, along with a cast of very talented musicians recorded a batch of songs that were lost in time. These tracks were salvaged for the album Dub Defender Sessions

 

Satori vs. Dr. Echo - Dub Defender Sessions, Anicca Records 2020.
decryption code in comments

Little Do They Know Dub
Mountain Meditation Dub
Change is Great
Nowhere
Decision
It Dubbed Me
Intimate Dubolution
I Dub to Follow Through   
Dub is Change
Dub to Nowhere   
Dub Decision

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. 2iZRpmWfFd5S-ro_SvTvn6Vall9tbZTcjsRMdugkDNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks nathan for responding. Indeed this wasnt what i expected. I was talking about the double album satori of drowning pool. But then i realize it was a compilation. Jajaja. Anyway, great oportunity to hear new dub. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess my confusion led to some entertainment. I went off on a tangential relationship with SoCal bands Drowning Pool / RX Bandits.

      As for Drowning Pool - Satori compilation, not all the songs are on the releases I featured. I fact nine songs are not covered. Would you still like me to post up Satori? It would be my pleasure.

      Delete