On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

03 December 2022

TEECEEBEE II - Chasing the Blues Away

This all began with a comment on a December 2015 posting of Fad Gadget & Frank Tovey

 



On November 26 this year, D commented:
     "Hi, I have all the Fad Gadget albums, trying to find the 6 studios as Frank Tovey.
Any chance you have them? Thanks. D.".

To which I replied:
     "As far as Frank Tovey, I have Civilian & Tyranny & the Hired Hand as well as Frank Tovey & the Pyros - Worried Men in Second-hand Suits (& Grand Union which I found while digging things out of my garbage file dump). If you're interested in any of those, let me know."

D responded:
     "Yes anything by Tovey I would appreciate. Wiki shows he had 6 studios, I'll find them all eventually. I have a large collection so if you have been looking for anything let me know. Would love to return the favor. Thanks, D."

Well, as they say, that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I sent D a list of Bill Nelson titles I was searching for & he came up with 15!!!  Twelve from my want list & three that I wasn't even familiar with.

I reciprocated by sennding him a few things he was wishing for & I forsee a bright future in our tune trading. Swapping music through the cloud is fantastic. But full circle, here are the Frank Tovey items I promised, for D & everyone else here. Brumalia is fast upon us. 

 

Frank Tovey - Civilian, Mute CD STUMM 56, 1988.
all decryption codes in comments


New Jerusalem    
Ultramarine    
From the City to the Isle of Dogs    
Limelight / Curtains    
Bridge St. Shuffle    
The Brotherhood    
Diana    
Unknown Civilian    
Desperate Dan 

 

 

 


'31 Depression Blues
Hard Times in the Cotton Mill
John Henry / Let Your Hammer Ring
The Blantyre Explosion
Money Cravin' Folks
All I Got's Gone
Midwife Song
Sam Hall
Dark as a Dungeon
Men of Good Fortune
Sixteen Tons
North Country Blues
Buffalo Skinners
Black Lung Song
Pastures of Plenty
Joe Hill
 
 
 
 

Bad Day In Bow Creek
When the Victim Takes the Tyrants Place    
Passing Through
Bethnal Green Tube Disaster    
Cities of the Plains    
Fallen Angel    
IKB (RIP)
The Liberty Tree    
One November Morning    
The Great Attractor
 
 
 
 

Chasing the Blues Away
All That is Mine    
Just like Other Men
Only Doing Your Job    
Hey Bailiff
Crow's Nest Blues
Opportunity's Knocking
The Hermit of Hermes Point
You Won't Get That from Me
Doing Time    
Worried Man

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. Civilian
    v64daYC6TVw-wGQTO3mF8V6GY9Ca5tNf5gC5NoATP0E
    Tyrrany
    Ckxi1LTW0rMWW9RF7eqentiy_bc2eF21mY6niUY8EZU
    Grand Union
    7QxOYXD-hkj7WPWgNkGJWC0XC8aYItj4a49hepqXLno
    Worried Men
    sZ_UnMRFeor7NcqAjnk0mW4EfnFXkZv9Y2bAlFgiIQk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say. I'm honored. Check your email.
    Big thanks.
    - D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! had just forced my 14 yr old to listen to Fireside Favorites recently, deaf ears I'm afraid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about deaf ears. Fireside Favorites in my opinion is an easier listen than these. Quite different.

      Delete
  4. Gonna keep working on those ears!!

    ReplyDelete