On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

27 July 2023

From a Scream to a Whisper

 

I was never what we say "into" Sinéad O'Connor, but I listened to her throughout her career. I liked her earlier releases best, really appreciating her feminist stance. When Throw Down Your Arms came out I grabbed a copy of the 2xCD with the bonus Dub disc (but of course). 

I alway respected her musical abilities & the breadth of her catalogue. She worked with many other great musicians throughout her life. I just wanted to take this oppurtunity to say that I will miss her.

R.I.P. Sinéad...

Sinéad O'Connor – Collaborations, EMI 563 8522, 2005.
decryption code incomments

Special Cases (radio edit) - Massive Attack
1000 Mirrors - Asian Dub Foundation featuring Sinéad O'Connor mixed by Adrian Sherwood
Empire - Bomb the Bass featuring Sinéad O'Connor & Benjamin Zephaniah
Guide Me God (single edit) - Ghostland
Visions of You (radio edit) - Jah Wobble's Invaders of the Heart featuring Sinéad O'Connor
Release (album edit) - Afro Celt Sound System
Wake Up & Make Love to Me - Sinéad O'Connor with the Blockheads
Kingdom of Rain (remastered album version) - The The
I'm not Your Baby - U2 & Sinéad O'Connor
Tears from the Moon (album version) - Conjure One featuring Sinéad O'Connor
Blood of Eden (radio edit) - Peter Gabriel & Sinéad O'Connor
Harbour - Moby Featuring Sinéad O'Connor
Up in Arms - Aslan
It's All Good - Damien Dempsey featuring Sinéad O'Connor with Brian Eno
Heroine (Theme from "Captive") - The Edge & Sinéad O'Connor
Monkey in Winter - The Colourfield featuring Sinéad O'Connor
All Kinds of Everything with Terry Hall

Sing on,

12 comments:

  1. Fo7el39JlNsxrneCEq5Rdtxt73rmlMFo7S9RWIUxZqs

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P. Sinead https://lefsetz.com/wordpress/2023/07/26/sinead-oconnor/?fbclid=IwAR2Z6av74YUJnuBleIrTgMGOjdI5K2Uj8e_ZggCaQkmOQ3w4MgRUuN0Uay0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the link. What a heavy weight read. I recommend it to all who read these comments.

      Delete
  3. Didn't know about all this collaborations. They sure make me feel closer toher as artist.
    All the personal stuff concerning her is to be left on another plane even if there's always something to learn about human condition.
    In this times of us an artist and activist is missed when gone..
    You did the sensitive thing on compiling these tunes and let them shine a little brighter.
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has the voice of a broken avenging angel. That's what my ears judge.

      But many of her problems came from manic-depression.

      Jimi sez: "Woman so willing, the sweet cause in vain
      You make love, you break love
      It's all the same
      When it's, when it's over, mama
      Music, sweet music
      I wish I could caress, caress, caress
      Manic depression is a frustrating mess"

      May her free soul find rest on another plane of existence as her earthbound soul reaches us through the music she shared on this plane.

      Delete
    2. And the next verse---

      Well, I think I'll go turn myself off
      and go on down
      All the way down
      Really ain't no use in me hanging around
      In your kind of scene
      Music, sweet music
      I wish I could caress,
      and kiss,
      kiss
      Manic depression is a frustrating mess

      Delete
  4. Thought you might appreciate this (crap quality) vid of Ms. O'Connor performing live with Skip McDonald: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXAk0WwcGwE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this link. No matter how crap quality the vid, there's no detracting from her superb voice & the tremendous guitar accompaniment from Little Axe.

      Friends, if you read these comments, check out this masterpiece. Don't be Jealous.

      Essential.

      Delete
  5. WOW! That was truly special. I knew that Skip and Adrian Sherwood had worked with Sinead on her album Sean-Nós Nua, and that was the first album I pulled off the shelf after learning of her tragic passing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother. Hadn't seen must evidence of activity over at jonderblog or seen many of your footprints around the interweb blogspere. Was hoping things were all right with you.

      Sinéad's was a one-of-a-kind voice filled with so much human anguish & angelic joyousness in every note.

      Delete
  6. Thank you. With the Ghostland add Natacha and Sinead. "Simple Heart" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThT-Wc4bOmA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the link to this wonderful song. If I had made the Collaborations CD I surely would have included "Simple Heart"

    Natacha Atlas is a fave around here. I shared some of her music in The Fems of February series 2022.
    https://nathannothinsez.blogspot.com/2022/02/transglobal-sounds.html

    ReplyDelete