On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

26 April 2022

HA MA

I've gone on some around here in the past about both Shara Nelson & Massive Attack.

From MA's initial Blue Lines, "Safe from Harm" is a classic. 

 



I was just listening to Midnight Rocker, the latest from Horace Andy on On-U Sound produced by one of my all-time favorites, Adrian Sherwood. They have a re-imaging of "Safe from Harm" that is one of the top tracks.

Got me thinking about HA's continued work with MA. Here's a few I think are tastee... 

 


Safe from Harm (from Midnight Rocker)
Name Taken
Splitting the Atom
Spying Glass
Hymn of the Big Wheel
Light My Fire (live UK 1994)
Hymn of the Big Wheel
Everywhen
One Love
Exchange
Girl I Love You (live on Morning Become Eclectic)

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. Bacon PB Muffin4/26/22, 9:47 PM

    Thank you! I am surprised that you left-off his/their version of "Man Next Door" ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m only one man, Jim.

      Sorry for the omission. Here are MA version from Mezzanine & a live version from Horace.

      https://mega.nz/file/sJ8SkLZJ#USmd4nIO96C0cnbdIhONJyD1_42y4LCdQ1LHl4Vq7UI

      Delete
  2. Life is good. Thanks, brother.

    ReplyDelete