On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

06 March 2023

Let the Madness Commence

 

Creeping Pink is a 'tape glam' project by multi-instrumentalist Landon Caldwell. 

Along with Mark Tester on guitar & Amy Crouch on drums, Landon played bass in the now defunct Indiana bred/California based garage-psych band Burnt Ones.

For the last decade he has released warped, psychedelic pop under the ever-evolving Creeping Pink moniker. Originally based in Indianapolis, Caldwell began recording damaged electronic psych-rock under the name Bad Magick, quickly changing the project name to Creeping Pink. Caldwell relocated to San Francisco, then eventually Los Angeles, releasing numerous tapes & digital releases along the way. He would occasionally play live as Creeping Pink Machine with members of Burnt Ones & POW!

The release here is a 2013 Record Day exclusive on cassette, not available on CP's bandcamp page. Let's get creepy. 

 

Creeping Pink - Creeping Pink’s Never Never Land / Tee Creeping Pink Sound cassette,
Glory Hole Records GHR004, 2013.
decryption code in comments

Side A -
The Black Tide
Prince Ray
To the Lite Side
Nyquility
Star Story
Candy Crows
Sle71 (Flies Thru Clouds)
Samuel Nelson Lambert
Hash Dream Mountain, California
Sun & Air

Side B -
Take Me to Space
Hidden in a Haze of Blue
One
Candy Feather Hearts
Uterine Hunger
Clown's Parade

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. onkTS8M-WXs0lA7EIvD3TiOtCdJb_C1DdiZxD3disy4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for Sumo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmkyXlk6JfA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumo was a great Argentine latin-influenced reggae band. I have numerous of their releases. Have always enjoyed their tunes. "No Acabes" is a great one. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  3. Here is the James Brown song I THINK of when I read your wise prose: Lyrics
    Hey, ow!
    Think about the sacrifices that I made for you
    Think about the good things I done for you
    Now think of all the bad things, I tried not to do baby, baby
    Think of all the wrong things you did to me too, come on
    about the good things, baby
    (Think) about the wrong things maybe
    (Think) baby, about the right things
    (Think) about the outta sight things
    Lady before you leave me realize I'm the one who loves you
    How much of all your happiness can I really claim?
    How many tears have you shed for which I was to blame?
    I I, I don't remember what they brought
    I tried so hard to please you, at least that's what I thought, come on
    about the good things, baby
    (Think) about the wrong things maybe
    (Think) about the the things I wouldn't do
    (Think) what I've done for you
    Lady before you leave me realize I'm the one who loves you, hey
    Think of all the sacrifices I made for you
    Think of all the good things, woo hoo
    Think of all the bad things I tried not to do
    When you get tired, you think about the good things done for you
    C'mon!
    babe, about the good things
    (Think) just sit on down and
    (Think) just sit on down and
    (Think) just sit on down
    think, think, hey, hey!
    (Think) just think on baby
    (Think) if you getting tired
    (Think) sit on down
    (Think) sit, ah
    (Think) hey think, hey
    (Think) baby (think) yeah
    Think about the sacrifices I made for you
    Think about the hard times I spent with you
    Think about the good things, think about the good things, come on now
    think baby
    (Think) and don't you forget to
    (Think) hey hey, (think) never, never, never make me fret
    (Think) think, think
    (Think) hey hey!
    (Think) and don't you forget to
    (Think) how much of your happiness
    can I really claim?
    (Think) tell me how much of your happiness
    (Think) ah, can I really claim? Yeah!
    How much of the sadness...?

    ReplyDelete