On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

11 March 2023

Repair Job

 

Fifteen years ago I posted up Jerry Teel & cohorts in a sprawling post that, including links in comments, covered a great deal of Honeymoon Killers output.  Yesterday I spotted a folder labeled "closed for repairs". Along with 1000 Mexicans' Dance like Ammunition & The Last Pop Song, Brasil & the Gallowbrothers' Wander 'til Spring & In the Rain in the Noise, was Honeymoon Killers - Love American Style & Take It Off!.

Still as vital as last I featured them, still as vital as the day they laid it down. This is rock, American style. Let's take off.

On these two, Honeymoon Killers is: Jerry Teel - guitar, harmonica, & vocals; Lisa Wells - bass & vocals; & Sally Edroso - drums & vocals. 

 

Honeymoon Killers - Love American Style, Fur Records FUR2, 1985.
all decryption codes in comments


Side A -

Night After Night
Wee Dawgees
Boon Like I LIke It

Side B -

Batman
Pain is Easy
Good 'N' Cheap
Motor City
Here We All Are 

 

 

 

This one's worth it for their version of "Hanky Panky" alone & that's not nearly the best tune here. 

 

Honeymoon Killers - Take It Off!, Buy Our Records Europe BORE 8901/CD, 1989.

Love Bandit
Hard Life
I'm Glad My Baby's Gone
Hanky Panky
Smotherly Love
Too Much!
The Sexorcist
Dazed 'N' Hazey

One of my favorite bands,

10 comments:

  1. Love American Style
    2jqwAD07wHe5X6XEP7_U12dVv9cJRBy6yK5X1QLn0zk
    Take it Off!
    bdaumm7y2JzINnNvqeyVh-dyaJCT5ija2WjwKIr1QjA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love American Style is my favorite by them - Night After Night a crossover between THE CRAMPS & the better side of Goth-Rock ... thanx for posting & keep up your great work - keep on keepin´ on maggothead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very seldom do I think that every release by particular band is top shelf, but to me, Honeymoon Killers score 100. Everything they did was exquistitely listenable. Thanks for the comment, maggothead.

      Delete
  3. Never actually listened to this band, but you got my curious. Thanks NØ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have to admit that I back then came across LAS as a (now and then) big fan of the (Belgian!) "Honeymoon Killers" and I was so amazed having found an unknown LP of theirs! You can probably guess my surprise when I put it on 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also a fan of the Belgian Honeymoon Killers. Marc Hollander was in one version of the group. I had appreciated his work with Aksak Maboul. Their self-titled Les Tueurs De La Lune De Miel still ranks in the Belgian top-ten albums of all time.

      Jerry Teel’s version is definitely a very different kettle of fish. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
    2. Well, Aksask Maboul are still around and if you're interested I can recommend the article on Marc Hollander in the recent "Wire" as well as their recent (2023) "Une aventure de VV (Songspiel)" release :-)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the Wire referral. Will definitely check it out.

      Delete
  5. Thanks! I have a bunch of HK but not Love American Style. Great band!

    ReplyDelete