On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

07 March 2023

Prompted by Other Blogs, Part 8

I'm always cruising around the interweb, looking for interesting music. I'll see or hear something out there that sets me on a path. 

The other day I was checking out the latest from Bleak Bliss.

 

Badgerstump has posted much Sun City Girls & related items over the years. Recently he posted Horse Cock Phepner. Even more recently the rare, scarce & saught-after SCG self-titled.

 

 

Being a SCG fanman, I have shared Sun City Girls & related items here as well: Kaliflower; The Girls of Sun City comp; Alvarius B

Bleak Bliss's recent posts made me think of one of my favorite SCG's album, Midnight Cowboys from Ipanema. That was the first thing from the Girls that I posted around here...May 2008. 

It's an insane combination of short snippets of avant-poetry & cover songs.  "Love Train".  "Radar Love".  "Me & Mrs. Jones".  The cover sez: THE HIT SOUND THAT MADE THESE GREAT SONGS GREAT!  It's kinda SCG's Third Reich 'n' Roll

March Madness. 

The original posting was hosted on Megaupload, Kim DotCom's Big Brother kidnapped cloud. I am remedying the fact it is no longer available there by presenting a new rip & link. If you want to read what I said at the time, go here.

 

Sun City Girls - Midnight Cowboys from Ipanema, Amarillo Records AM-587, 1994.
decryption code in comments

Side 1-
I've Done It All
Fly By Night
Achram, Slow That Speedboat Down
Midnight At The Oasis
Gary Had Sex
Sweet City Woman
I'm Gonna Die Tomorrow
Who's That Lady
Cook Ya Homos
Love Train
Caco Demons

Side 2 -
Malika
Radar Love
Canadian Dave
Tell Me Something Good
Desperado
Me And Mrs. Jones
Ha Ha

Enjoy,

15 comments:

  1. 84arN5CMgL9VmVt94CM-56vYErVgukB2-OcACytKdsk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the reup. I saw those posts on BlkBlss. SCG’s 1st was a pretty big deal in my little corner back then and it a big deal to finally have a digital copy after all these years. I’m crossing my digits he’ll post their 2nd, Grotto of Miracles. It seems to have suffered the same never reissued obscurity plague as the 1st.
    The Girls loom large. If I were a ever going to be a cult member…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help, rev.

      As I said above, I am a fan of the Girls. Not a cult member but...I do have 40+ Sun City Girl releases, several Alvarius B & Sir Richard Bishop items, The Brothers Unconnected, J. Spaceman &, Moe Tucker &.

      If you want to keep yer digits crossed, cool. If you want me to post anything, let me know.

      Delete
    2. On the compilation I posted up called The Girls of Sun City
      https://nathannothinsez.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-girls-of-sun-city.html
      “Radio Morocco” starts out the set, starts Grotto, & starts to display some of the extreme greatness of Sun City Girls. Then “Different Kind of Whore” Hot damn!
      So for you (& all) rev.b. ---
      Grotto of Miracles
      https://mega.nz/file/OxlmzCIQ#ThhF5y_N_CzSpHBbnbWRbONAqijwgXIGixomwaLwb5I

      Let’s all call Heem & ask...
      Thanks, frnd

      Delete
    3. Sweet! Much appreciated. BB posted another Placebo compilation today that I played the crap out of way back when.

      Delete
  3. Many thanks! After the nice BB posts this is a most welcome addition. More Sun City Girls would be highly appreciated. Best wishes from Munich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Read the comment above & let me know if there is something you might particularly want.

      Delete
  4. (Don't know why my last commen was posted as Anonymous.) Many thanks for your kind offer. There is plenty I haven't got. High Asia/Lo Pacific, Live from Planet Boomerang, That Old Western Sieve would be most welcome, also Alvarius B and The Brothers Unconnected, and and and ... Thanks again and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now “Camel Mucus” is just...oooowwwh...I’ve got it before at the zoo.

    FlaccusMUC, let’s start off with the Girls doing it---
    Live from Planet Boomerang,
    https://mega.nz/file/apEGyZJY#G8MB6pdXlP2siFbFo_pBReMKIBRwLVkyxsDNJ0UM7x4

    then The Brothers Unconnected (sans Charles Gocher R.I.P.),
    https://mega.nz/file/S8UmyS6Q#IPAbqKSTupmMpcgrKHEDzyREzo5Vsfih_Sg4NCGSCK4

    then one each from the bros:
    Alvarius B. - Baroque Primitiva
    https://mega.nz/file/PpdhiKrY#g9zyHFUpNPO1d6vbrwFqt_aYnQ5A5l4rP81S-iCpjSM

    Sir Richard Bishop - The Feak of Araby.
    https://mega.nz/file/bk0wxCCJ#7AKg3JMFtLW6aeWp7rsXrH_OjgOjLTXUabRt0AJjFZc

    Watch out for the Humor Police
    Thanks, frnd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's a title for a song ... Endless thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, thank you very much! And you've certainly whetted my appetite for more Sun City Girls. I don't want to appear greedy (well, I am actually ...), but I'd be very happy if you could post more SGC. I'm particularly interested in their more obscure stuff that I can't get on bandcamp, such as Beginnings Dark, Def in Italy, Exotica On 5 Dollars A Day, Pelican 92, The Great North American Tricksters, The Audio Letter To Mitch Myers, That Old Western Sieve, The Palm Leaves Of Victory ... or anything else in that vein. I'd be most grateful. Thanks again for your excellent blog and best wishes from Munich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are a few more you might like, a couple of your requests & a couple I added...

      Pelican 92
      https://mega.nz/file/Todi2TIZ#BK2zuhrhCM_gCDGStAgK8iE6VyQfPDPKScwonh6QOL0

      "Beginnings Dark" was issued in a limited edition of 320 copies packaged in copper foil stamped & die cut slip cover with 21 inserts, 2 of which are stickers. This single sided white vinyl LP plays from the inside out. It features a silk screen on the non-music side...

      Beginnings Dark
      https://mega.nz/file/CkcG2b4L#adQzGVX4b1HEUjhkGkJOqse8F2tGwH6W_33zudMnZqg

      "Beginnings Dark" is the backwards version of "The Venerable Song (The Meaning of Which is no Longer Known)" from the LP Bright Surroundings Dark Beginnings. I have included that as well...

      Bright Surroundings
      https://mega.nz/file/zhsCBBJK#vG3EuM307EkXBRHcg4I3MR0j29u5TbPK9woDMn65Y7U

      I don’t think this next one is very easy to come by. I ripped it from the VHS tape. The track order on the video varies slightly as I seperated some of the tracks for better playability (but everything is here)...

      The Burning Nerve Ending Magic Trick
      https://mega.nz/file/ysExHQzA#mXerdG0lgvJuIjVczxPmcM6tFez1nEM6UefuhYWpgDM

      If you are interested in any others that I have, it would be easiest to leave an email address in a comment. I will not print it but will send you a list of everything that I have SCG.

      Delete
  8. Again, thank you very much - also for the pains you've taken in providing extra information about these albums. This is absolutely wonderful. And yes, of course, I would be interested in more SCG ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm more than a month behind here so apologies for being late and thank you for the incredible SCG feast! I only had a couple of the ones you posted here and in poor quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, MrDave. Glad you found SCG to your liking. Hope you saw all the additional links in the comments to things I didn't post per se.

      Delete