On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

13 August 2023

Stereophonic Sound

I've made my love of trip-hop well known here many times in the past. 
 



One of the trip-hop bands that I've always enjoyed is Hooverphonic. I shared a compilation of their material that I created to spotlight the various iterations & styles of their lengthy career (covering the years 1995 - 2010), called Suck it Up.

Here's the band's debut that never fails to please me. It starts right off with "Inhaler", so... 

 

Hooverphonic - A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular, Epic EK 68010, 1996.
decryption code in comments

Inhaler    
2Wicky    
Wardrope    
Plus Profond    
Barabas    
Cinderella    
Nr 9    
Sarangi    
Someone    
Revolver    
Innervoice

Enjoy,

7 comments:

  1. Hooverphonic - A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular
    8BVicQD0TBJ7HEEYXOxrLGkXFm0MVLuFeCKaV_BWpKo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nr 9 is a masterpiece. Sometimes you want the melody to go forever but the song will never be the same without the guitar flashes.
    A classic. Always good to refresh the sound,
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. Stumbled upon this; https://archive.org/search?query=creator%3A%22Jillem%22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted this link several times before but never to often to link people to such a great treasure trove. I so miss Holland Tunnel Dive. Thanks, Rob. Damn zippyshare.

      Delete
  4. Pizzicato 5 homage or rip-off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, neither. The difference between J-pop synth-pop & Belgian trip-hop is quite obvious. The dream-pop areas might overlap a bit but that's about it to these old untrained ears.

      Delete