While I'm supplying lost music from Siblingshot On the Bleachers, you might be interested in the literary endeavors that Ian Begg (IB) was working on as he was away from the musicblog world.

His first release is A Reign on Chimney Poets: Meditations On & Off the Bleachers. His second release is Safe as MILF: Selected Poems - Missives On & Off the Bleachers. A third release is in the works, Piggies: A Novel - Off the Bleachers.

The first two are available from SibLINGSHOT PRESS LTD. & can be purchased online through Amazon, Waterstones in the UK & AbeBooks in the US or other retail outlets. The easiest way to get a copy is to simply leave a comment at https://siblingshot.wordpress.com/ to secure your signed & personalised softcover copy direct from the author, subject to availability. & as a favor to Frenz of NSS, the first person to order either book can get a free copy of either book just by mentioning that you heard about it here. Limit 1 (one) copy to the first person who buys either book.

30 June 2024

The Naterock Album Dump Part 10: The Final Dump

Gotta squeeze this in before the month comes to a close. It was scheduled for July, but things change & I didn't want it to be left until October. This will be the last installment of the Naterock Album Dumps.

For the next two months, things are not going to be the usual (if such a thing exists) around NSS. I'm stepping away from my monthly mixture of mayhem & mania for two reasons. One, I have a project that I've had rattling around my brain for a while that I want to persue & two, I'm working on the latest iteration of Dubtember. That's taking most of my creative & musical juices to pull together so I need a couple months to be fully prepaired.

I'll be posting regularly, just not the usual mishegoss that passes for a blog around this dump. If you like what you find, kool. Follow along & see what shakes loose. If you don't, then come back in September for what I hope to be the best Dubtember yet. Anyway, the choice, of course, is your.

 



To the Dump...

Continuing on with part two of a continuing series, 1986 - 1987. Remember, a .zip file marked simply Albums List will be included in each dump, so youcan decide from that what you want or simply reference the list below (& with each posting).

Naterock Album Dump Part 10
Part Two -

decryption code in comments

1986
"House of Suffering" was the track I referrenced from the I Against I album but the Brains have regained control of their back catalogue & are re-issuing I Against I this July 22 so included here is only the live version of said song. Sorry, but support the Bad Brains.
Whiplash Smile - Billy Idol
Off the Beaten Track - African Head Charge
Dig It 12" - Skinny Puppy
Concrete Blonde - Concrete Blonde
The Unacceptable Face of Freedom - Test Dept.
Sound of Confusion - Spacemen 3
Throwing Muses - Throwing Muses
Manic Pop Thrill - That Petrol Emotion

1987
Tired Eyes Slowly Burning - The Tear Garden
Introducing the Hardline According to - Terence Trent D'Arby
The Elbow is Taboo - Renaldo & the Loaf
Rhythm Killers - Sly & Robbie
Happy Nightmare Baby - Opal

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. Naterock Album Dump part 10
    O1_HwO07Y68JozjEywIucg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding selections here. Top notch music, and yes please support the Bad Brains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As predicted there's quite a divergence here from what was on my turntable at the time (more standard "College Rock" I guess, possibly because I lived with a bunch of colled DJs at the time - Replacements, Soul Asylum, Pixies, Tom Waits, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth, etc). No time like the present to see what I was missing. Thanks N0!

    ReplyDelete