On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

06 June 2024

Musick that Needed Work - P: Painkiller

 

I've been fighting my way through a folder I have labeled Musick that Needs Work. I start at "A" in 2015. I'm up to "P" now. When I looked under the letter P I was surprised at how many items I had. So for a while this month I'm gonna do this thing.

I usually try to mix these shares up in some kinda order that seems to make sense but probably only to me, so I'm gonna just dole them out in alphabetical, they way they are in the folder. 

 

First up is Painkiller.

Painkiller was formed in 1991 by saxophonist John Zorn, bassist Bill Laswell, & drummer Mick Harris. It is one of the longest running Zorn projects. This debut offering finds the band performing a mix of avantgarde jazz & grindcore. What an insane combination.

Bonnicon sez:
     "This album will bludgeon your senses, atrophy your auditory tract with it's jet-fuelled rage."

Recorded April 1991 at Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY. This is the Japanese release on Toy's Factory with the banned in UK cover artwork
Pain Killer - Guts of a Virgin, Toy's Factory TFCK 88561, 1991.
decryption code in comments

Scud Attack   
Deadly Obstacle Collage   
Damage to the Mask   
Guts of a Virgin   
Handjob   
Portent   
Hostage   
Lathe of God   
Dr. Phibes   
Purgatory of Fiery Vulvas   
Warhead   
Devil's Eye

This P's for U,

3 comments:

  1. Guts of a Virgin
    eKQoXs7To2tMbq1XOYh8gIz5XGuQ53Pwa9WUOG1AlL4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to give this a listen. Many thanks.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit of a ultracore nerd, and Micky was one of the heroes. Saw him with Napalm Death in Mol, Belgium 1987 or so. The Power, the joy, sheer happiness.

    Now on the other hand, I see you have done a whole lot of P-ing and I am gonna sift throught it. Thanks
    Richard

    ReplyDelete