On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

11 January 2021

In the Beginning Was the Shimmy

 Sittin' in a native hut
All alone and blue
Sittin' in a native hut
Wonderin' what to do
Along came a native girl
Did a native dance
It was like in paradise
Put me in a trance
Going
Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko Bop


You know how one thing leads to another. I was listening to Shockabilly Heaven. Thinking about Eugene C. Thinking about Kramer. Thinking about Shimmy Disc. 

Man oh Man what a label. I loved all things Shimmy back in the day. Shockabilly, Bongwater, Ovarian Trolley, B.A.L.L., Half Japanese, Dogbowl, ad infinitum...these crazy-ass projects helped warp my mind even more than it was.

Maybe we need to re-examine some of this stuff.

In the beginning was...

Various - The 20th Anniversary of the Summer of Love 1987 - 1967,
Shimmy Disc shimmy-001, 1987.
decryption code in comments


Side 1 -
Should I tell Her? - Half Japanese
True Love - Fred Frith
Nobody’s Place - Shockabilly
Collide, Collide - Sharky’s Machine
Two Car Garage - The Shaved Pigs
Bith - The Moon
Jane Gone (excerpt) - The Workdogs
Backbreaker - Missing Foundation
Fluting on the Hump - King Missile
Vegetable Rights - Artless
My Revolution - Krackhouse

Side 2 -
His New Look - Bongwater
Mother - TuliKupferberg
Telephone - Carney, Hild, Kramer
The Letter - Fish & the Roses
I Sleep - No Safety
Healing Hands - Men & Volts
Chunk LBJ - Samm & Dave
Love or Confusion - The Spongehead Experience
Dear M - Steve Taylor & Allen Ginsberg
I Remember it All - George Cartwright
I Pledge Allegiance to You - Scott Williams
She’s Working Days, I’m Working Nights - Otto Kentrol
Bring Forth (excerpt) - Laraaji

This is only the beginning,

2 comments:

  1. Summer of Love 1987 - 1967
    64icyp85t3ox9Rc6f5MQcuuWUHTfMuf3zxIm1TXWDrU

    ReplyDelete