On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

29 January 2021

Until All Our Lights Combine

Long time since I played the Bills redux...since when aeoplanes were dragonflies.



Earlier today I posted up Channel Light Vessel's 1994 release Automatic. This is a project that included Bill Nelson along with Roger Eno, Kate St. John, Laraaji, & others. I realized I had previously posted it elsewhere on this here mess so I removed it & am going to remedy that omission right now.

 

 

I have never really posted up Be Bop Deluxe but someday plan to get around to their five disc opus Futurist Manifesto - The Harvest Years 1974-1978. For now I'm posting up a live show from Chicago in 1976 covering the Sunburst Finish era material. However, that being said...non-Sunburst "Bill's Blues" will fix whatever ails you.



Be Bop Deluxe - Live at the Riviera Theater, Chicago, 1976.
all decryption codes in comments

Fair Exchange
Stage Whisper
Life in the Air Age
Sister Seagull
Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape
Maid in Heaven
Ships in the Night
Bill's Blues
Blazing Apostles

Bill Nelson - guitar & vocals; Andy Clark - keyboards; Charlie Tumahai - bass & vocals; & Simon Fox - drums.


 

I posted Getting the Holy Ghost Across elsewhere. This is a set of remixes of  "Because of You" from that album. (I tacked on the original album track for your listening pleasure.)



Bill Nelson - Because of You remixes, Portrait RAS 2568, 1986.


Side 1 -
Because of You (Popstand remix)

Side 2 -
Because of You (Nailed to the Dub version)
Because of You (Dubbed to the Drums version)

bonus: Because of You (original album version)


 

Now here's a taste of 21st Century Bill.

2008 saw Nelson caught up in a flurry of composition. By July he had completed sixty four tracks which he split up between this release & Clocks & Dials. These are the more vocal-oriented tracks. This is some of the very finest music from one of my all time favorite guitarists/songcrafters. Believe me when I say that's quite a statement about someone with William Nelson's body of work. This is so very, purely...dare I say it..Bowiesque. I can't really say enough about this. Just give it a listen. You will not be disappointed.


Welcome to Electic City
Once I Had a Time Machine
Summer Hums in the Bee-Loud Glade
Frosty Lawns (Snowballs & Oranges)
God Glows Green in Small Town Park
My Empty Bowl is Full of Sky
When Aeroplanes Were Dragonflies
Night is the Engine of My Imagination
The Old Nebulosity Waltz
Help Us Magic Robot
Time’s Quick-Spun Globe
Fountains are Singing in Cities of Light
The Emperor of the Evening
I Saw Galaxies
Until All Our Lights Combine
Heaven is a Haunted Realm
Golden Melodies of Tomorrow
Golden Coda (Farewell to Electric City)

Fare thee well.

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. Great to see many exciting posts. Eager to listen to Nelson's stuff. Records that I never heard of.Thanks N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live at the Riviera Theater
      IrumFdq0HrgS0Ft9XtKBi-T1uHmkgDHaqltslX1Dn5w
      Because of You remixes
      0AU23XBuixrQ4VmBKJ5hGXecyAlO0_chCbQjSBjLZNc
      Golden Memories of Tomorrow
      iZk6l1ObJpF2oIgPOfZA5sjasrPnnhiy0lwZW60qqo8

      Delete
  2. If you're not that familiar with Sir Nelson, Golden Melodies would be one of the best points of entry. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right, thanks.
      A friend popping halfway through the listen stopped in his tracks and asked
      "What? Pat Metheny playing with Thomas Dolby?"
      He´s another convert now....

      Delete
    2. All right. I've corrupted another one, ha ha ha!

      Delete