On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

01 November 2021

NØvember CØmpilations

 

I've been doing theme music (Dub September & Weird October) these past months. Continuing on this month I decided to post up compilations of bands that I listen to for my own regular musickal enjoyment that I haven't really featured here or foisted off on my unsuspecting visitors.

This is music that I have playing around Casa Nada del Este when I'm not working on this blog thang or have playing through my headphones as I fall asleep at night. Perhaps this is over-indulgent of me, but whatever. The next several posts are just for me. If you like them, let me know.

Starting of with the band I wake up to & fall asleep to nearly every day & night...

Trip-hop hip-pop
Downtempo tune drop
T-Corporate rock
The Distaff Side &
Downtempo Dubs 

 

Thievery Corporation - The Distaff Side of..., NØ Comps, 2021.
decryption codes in comments


Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes
Le Monde
Lebanese Blonde (original version)
All That We Perceive
Where it All Starts
Beautiful Drug
Free
Take My Soul
Omid (Hope)
Shadows of Ourselves
Time & Space
Love Has No Heart
Lose to Find
Un Simple Histoire (A Simple Story)
Sweet Tides
Until the Morning
La Femme Parallel
Is it Over? 

 

 


The Outernationalist
A Warning
Lebanese Blonde (instrumental)
Treasures
Sound the Alarm
From Creation
Music to Make You Stagger
The Temple of I & I
The Shining Path
Liberation Front
San San Rock
2001 Spliff Odyssey (Dub edit)
Until the Morning (rewound)
A Guide for I & I
False Flag Dub

Enjoy,

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The Distaff Side of...
      sv6392goq5y4FTJH3mQm2buNLtFlSZnnSntzezk6STM
      Downtempo Dub
      v0ytrfEJh12YoJxTCfQZKHmZJGbNmo5Bgq6D2qQ-n94

      Delete
  2. If this sets the standard then that promises a lot for November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to Charlie & anonymous, thanks for the comments. I hope I can keep up the level I set here, but I tried to start with a bang, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Month of Dub was superb! I hadn't shared my appreciation yet, but it was outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope you find more things to your liking here. I've posted up much Dub over the years. If you just type Dub into the search in the upper left, there might be more you might like.

      Delete
    2. I think I've found everything dub related that you've posted...
      Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Sorry for making it difficult. Not intentional, just my weird naming of post (hoping to avoid the Internet police by not screaming out the names) & also I have often forgotten to label the individual posts correctly. I keep dreaming that some day I'll have time to go back & catalog everything. Who knows? Stranger things have happened. Thanks again for your comments. I'll be posting more Dub after the first of the year (as well as a couple albums as holidaze gifts for Carlo in December...more on that later).

      Delete
  5. Thanks Nathan -- this is just the sort of thing I need to get hip to what's goin' down with the kids these days though I guess those "kids" are in their 30s now judging from the release dates of their albums :/

    Better late than never I guess. This definitely seems to be in my "safe" zone of the electronica/club/dance/whathaveyou and I don't have enough of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll be very surprised here if you don't really listen to Thievery Corporation. Their music is fantastic & very assessible. This kids is in his 70s & still this works for me. No matter what frame of mind I'm in, when I slap on some T-Corp I always feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI, Both links are not working :(

    ReplyDelete