On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

18 February 2022

Lemon Kitten Pariah

 The Fems of Feb.


Danielle Dax is a singer/songwriter, multi- instrumentalist, producer, artist, & interior/garden designer. She was born in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. Her early childhood was spent with her grandparents who encouraged her love of art, nature, & the occult.

In 1979 Dax met Karl Blake of Lemon Kittens. She painted the artwork for Lemon Kitten's first EP Spoonfed & Writhing. Shortly thereafter she joined the band playing flute, tenor sax, keyboards, & doing vocals. The duo of Blake & Dax released the highly acclaimed Lemon Kittens albums We Buy a Hammer for Daddy & Those That Bite the Hand That Feeds Them Sooner or Later Must Meet... The Big Dentist.

In 1983 Dax released her first solo album Pop-Eyes. On it she sang, played all instruments, wrote, arranged, & produced all the material herself as well as making the cover artwork. Over the next few years she released a number of successful EPs, the albums Jesus Egg That Wept & Inky Bloaters.

In 1988 Dax signed with Sire/Warner Bros label were she released Dark Adapted Eye.

During most of the 90s Dax suffered from a long illness & went in to semi-retirement.

She is quite private about her retirement, but in her own words:
      ''I had a very large stress attack in the early 80s. It was really serious, life threatening, scary stuff. I kind of just squashed it down, didn't deal with it, left it alone, felt fine, I was fine, fine, fine, fine. And then after we've done the tour in America we toured Europe and I supposed it was post traumatic stress. It was a combination of what happened to me and just complete mental and physical exhaustion. I had a break down basically. I was very ill for about a year and didn't leave my flat. I was really sick and it took me a long, long time to recover. When that happens to you there is nothing you can do about it. You just have to wait til you get better. I changed. I felt like my soul somehow got dislodged and I couldn't quite get back to where I'd been before. I still feel like a two completely different persons before the break down and after the break down. It was a very, very tough time and I couldn't work and of course I define myself by what I do. If I'm not doing I'm not actually existing. It was very painful but also a useful experience. The whole attitude of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger is true. Through it I did a lot of reading and had all sorts of therapy and met a lot of different people of all different sorts. It taught me about mindfulness and being humble and also how to look after myself which is really important.''     

Since then she has focused mainly on interior & garden design. Her Brixton apartment has been featured magazines & on British TV series 'Home Front'. In 1997 the BBC awarded her their Designer-of-the-Year trophy. In 2000 she graduated with a distinction in garden design at the English Gardening School at the Chelsea Physic Garden. 

 

 

Danielle Dax - Jesus Egg that Wept, Awesome Records AOR 1, 1984.
all decryption codes in comments


Side 1 -
Evil Honky Stomp
Pariah
Fortune Cheats

Side 2 -
Hammerheads
Here Come the Harvest Buns
Ostrich
The Spoil Factor



Danielle Dax - Dark Adapted Eye, Sire 9 25818-2, 1988.

Cat House   
Big Hollow Man   
White Knuckle Ride   
When I Was Young   
Yummer Yummer Man   
Fizzing Human Bomb   
Whistling for His Love   
Flashback   
Inky Bloaters   
Brimstone in a Barren Land   
Bad Miss 'M'   
Touch Piggy's Eyes   
House-Cat   
Bed Caves   
Sleep has No Property   
Hammerheads   
Pariah   
Where the Flies Are   
Funtime

Enjoy,

8 comments:

  1. Jesus Egg That Wept
    ltSgL8EeC-GGKF6rhKZpbl6xkFfiFDFAabW4-iTw9rc
    Dark Adapted Eye
    Hn0z7AOwlKKEmUXXmcJCSaPgY4atKUkEdKYa0uXc0ys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Ms Dax and all the Feb fems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rev. Loving them woymn. Peace

      Delete
  3. Wow I am grateful to you Nathin, you are a good friend. I was drawn to her work from "Dark Adapted Eye" after i had overcome a similar experience. My bike frame was crooked from a run over but i didn't know-kept riding it 30 miles to work and back into the city that summer back from college. I ditched the bike when I started college again after figuring out it was crooked. But 10 years later when my eye was going numb I worked for my mom selling books and saw a booth showing illustration of big half small half brain and tried it out. It was called Alphabiotics and had old school in Texas that taught a neck-ratcheting correction move as only thing. He laid me on a flat board and put his hands on my hips--said I was full inch crooked! He did neck jerk that caused a burst of alpha brain waves to break thru imbalance and restore me so legs were same length again. Can happen at birth also from crooked delivery. He said have water every morning charged me the $20 special "show" price and sent me on my way! I was about to move to CA for yet another job as left half was the one cut off so long (right half had developed "tentacle energy pattern" from having to do all the left half "chores"). I was part of tailored media from it and saw a 60 minutes story of how deadened nerves can be revived by hyperbaric chamber so I got 1.3 ambient oxygen tent treatments weekly at chiropractor and became L.A. California scuba diver to finish the pressure treatment and move back into teams and society. Danielle and other "bipolar" may have had this balloon mind state as De La Soul put it. It was no fun at the end of it for sure! Peace Out. Viacomclosedmedown (Power To The People!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I understand most of this other than you were having a hella time but lucky found means of overcoming it. Sure that there are lots out here that have similar issues that can gain insight from your testimonial. Stay well, brother.

      Delete
  4. Thanks!, Do you have any Diana Rogerson? How about a full rip of Gyllenskold, Geijerstam and Friends Live at Bar Maldoror? Thanks for aii the cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have A Bad Diana - The Light are On & the Live at Bar Maldoror one.

    I have a full plate right now finishing out the Fems of Feb.

    I have an overflow file of Swoone & Chrysta Bell that I didn’t have enough days in February to get to that I will post up some time in March.

    I can add either or both of your requests at that time. Just let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure! Thanks, i'll be on the lookout in March.

    ReplyDelete