On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

01 February 2022

It’s Been a Long Cold Lonely Winter

Last year in February I featured Black History month. I noted at the time how ironic it is that Black History gets the shortest month of the year.

The Basement Beehive Girl Group Underground gave me a great idea.

This year's shortest gets my own heavy dose of irony. Another group of second class citizens in a white male dominated world, womyn, get this month all to themselves. Trying to not cover the near universally known...Billie Holiday, Janis Joplin, Bjork, etc. but give some time & space to lesser known but no less talented womyn. 

The Fems of Feb. 

 



As always I have to start off each adventure down JA way. I’ve featured this fine lady before in a compilation of No,No,No...the incomparable Dawn Penn, Come(ing) Again. 

 

Dawn Penn - Come Again, Trojan Records CDTRL 370, 1996.
decryption code in comments



Psycadelic
You Don't Love Me (No No No)
Write a Letter
I Just Can't Forget about You Baby
Why Did You Lie
The Traveller
One Step
The Next Life
Here Comes the Sun
Love is Here to Stay
Chilling
I Want to Survive
Long Day Short Night
Love the One Your With
If Only God Could Help Us Now

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. NST8yAjbZ6-BuURNmP_rA7JVPue7-BNoiN_TwColu8M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this . Great voice.
    Something to cheer up the days.
    Video from Suggs & co singing in a small Buenos Aires pub with local musicians after their stadium concert with Madness.
    Looks like he had a few but always the man.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZzAyD_hNvk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheer Madness. Thanks so much for the uplifting 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete