On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

26 February 2022

When You Love Somebody

The Fems of Feb.



Leela James is an R&B soul singer-songwriter originally from Illinois who has been active as a musician since 2003. The young songstress has a voice beyond her years. She has been hailed by critics as a soul revivalist. She includes artists such as James Brown, Roberta Flack, Toni Braxton, Mavis Staples, Marvin Gaye, & Donny Hathaway as influences although her vocal styles & tones are more in line with Aretha Franklin & Tina Turner.

The R&B powerhouse first burst onto the scene with her 2005 debut album A Change is Gonna Come that introduced audiences to her soaring sultry vocal dexterity.

Since Leela James put out her debut album, she has released a steady stream of music, exploring new stylistic elements while staying remarkably focused on old-school soul. In a press bio from 2010, she said, "My sound today may be different than where I was five years ago, but my core is always the same." Now more than a decade later, that still rings true. 

 

 

Leela James - A Change is Gonna Come, Warner Brothers Records 48027-2, 2005.
decryption code in comments

Intro   
Music   
Good Time   
Ghetto   
Slappy (interlude)   
Soul Food   
Rain   
Married (Interlude)   
When You Love Somebody   
Mistreating Me   
Don't Speak
Bummy (interlude)   
My Joy   
It's Alright   
Didn't I   
Prayer   
I Know I Been Changed (interlude)   
A Change is Gonna Come
Long Time Coming

Enjoy,

1 comment: