On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

24 February 2022

Unfinished Sympathy

 The Fems of Feb.



I've featured Shara here before & commented on her connection to Adrian Sherwood/On-U Sound as well as Massive Attack. I've posted some of her solo work but thought I'd give you all a few more from a lady that I adore.

Here's another full length & a few singles. The title track "Friendly Fire" & "Moving On" finds Shara working with On-U Sound alums Skip McDonald & Doug Wimbish as well as Jah Wobble being all over this thing.

 

 

Shara Nelson - Friendly Fire, Cooltempo CTCD 48, 1995.
all decryption codes in comments

Rough with the Smooth
Moving On
Poetry
I Fell (so You Could Catch Me)
Footprint
Between the Lines
After You
Exit One
Friendly Fire
Keeping Out the Cold
Segabeat
 
Shara Nelson - Down That Road CD maxi-single, Chrysalis 7234 8 80732 2 5, 1993.

Down That Road (Radio edit)    
Down That Road (Perfecto edit)
Down That Road (Barkin' Loud mix)
Down That Road (Frankie Foncett mix)
 
 
 
Shara Nelson - Inside Out CS maxi-single, Cooltempo Cooltempo Cdcool284, 1994.

Inside Out (Album mix)    
Inside Out (Rhythm vocal mix)    
Inside Out (Orchestral version)    
Inside Out (Classic Club mix)
Inside Out (Underdog mix)
 
 
 
Shara Nelson - I Fell (So You Could Catch Me), Cooltempo cdcools317, 1996.

I Fell (so You Could Catch Me) [Album edit]
I Fell (so You Could Catch Me) [Marc Brown mix]
I Fell (so You Could Catch Me) [Mike Peden mix]
I Fell (so You Could Catch Me) [Mekon mix]
 
 
 
Shara Nelson - Nobody Else, Sound Boy SB012, 2004.

Nobody Else
Nobody Else version (with Adrian Sherwood)

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. Friendly Fire
    6YwVJ6Im3amY1NlQRZoF7QW1HYS13EmTqAXrXBkDlnA
    Down That Road
    KK6Gid5T--xWK_ZPBuJ0IIEmimGm2EGlzVMNb61S97Y
    Inside Out
    etrZ0gNRZ8fSWEL2k-SAf47cQlMLXH19w-tq0V5plrw
    I Fell
    A93qZ-x8_KrTFMvM_UWkaBZRT6omUEYIH7beAd9f8MI
    Nobody Else
    fKBRQXPjE4HC2AAGv-jptOdjMky923QxVj2erHP8NR4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right! She's adorable!
    Thanks for posting these and other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is, you have good taste.

    Thanks for the comment & the appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real pleasure, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete