On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

10 March 2022

From the Backseat - Fems of Feb. redux

Before I continue on with March madness, I have some left-over material from last month. 

The Fems of Feb. Redux


I ran out of days in February for all the womym artists that I wanted to feature. Also a friend of NSS was prompted by a February post to request other postings, so I'm going to finish up that before moving on. It'll be the perfect time for a little breather after the abundance of Dub. It'll give everyone a chance to get caught up.

I knew there were way more great woymn artists than I would have time for in February. I tried to trim it down to ones I felt I hadn't really covered too much (except I snuck in a few of my personal favorites like Carla B & Shara N). I had a trio more that I needed to include.



I've been a big fan of  Siobhan de Maré since her time in Mono. I've covered her time with Robin Guthrie in Violet Indiana quite extensively. I am going to post up Formica Blues from the Mono days & her latest as Swoone with Gary Bruce.

 

Mono - Formica Blues, Universal Records UMD 80408, 1997.
all decryption codes in comments

Life in Mono
Silicone
Slimcea Girl
The Outsider
Disney Town
The Blind Man
High Life
Playboys
Penguin Fred
Hello Cleveland!
 
 
 
 
 
Mono - Formica Blues Bonus mixes (UK version only), Echo ECHDD 17, 1998.

Slimcea Girl (Aloof remix)
Silicone (Les Rhythmes Diditales remix)
Slimcea Girl (Fatboy remix)
High Life (Next Century Short Dub)
Silicone (Mr Snuff remix)
Life in Mono (Propellerheads Sweat Band mix)
Slimcea Girl (Sl Brothers London Dub remix)
High Life (187 Lockdown Low Life Dub)
Life in Mono (Banana Republic Urban Dub)
High Life (Natural Born Chillers vocal mix)
 
 
 
 
 
Swoone - Handcuffed Heart, Saint Marie Records SMR 127, 2018.

This Bullet Never Kills
Breaking Down
Handcuffed Heart
Terminal 3
The Sun Has Died
Run
Pearlesque
Set Me Free
Strange Love
Room 56
Empty Buildings
 
 
 
 
 
 


I also wanted to post up some music from Chrysta Bell (Zucht) who collaborates with movie maven & music svengali David Lynch on the first two. We Dissolve was produced by John Parish (collaborator & producer of Eels Souljacker & Extreme Witchcraft). 
 
 
Chrysta Bell - This Train, La Rose Noire LRN0108, 2011.

This Train
Right Down to You
I Die
Swing with Me
Angel Star
Friday Night Fly
Down by Babylon
Real Love
Bird of Flames
Polish Poem
The Truth Is
 
 
 
 
 

Somewhere in the Nowhere
Night Ride
All the Things
Back Seat
Beat the Beat
 
 
 
 
 
Chrystal Bell - We Dissolve, Meta Hari MTH0071, 2017.

Heaven
Devil Inside Me
Planet Wide
Half Asleep
Monday
We Dissolve
Beautiful
Slow
Over You
Gravity 
 
 
 
 
 
Chrysta Bell - Feels like Love, Meta Hari MTH0075, 2019.

Tonight We Rise
Feels like Love
Red Angel
Everest
52 Hz
Do You Think You Could Love Me?
Time Never Dies
Blue Rose
Vanish
Undertow 
 
 
 
 


I've featured a great deal of Morcheeba (here & here) over the years but in my opinion, you can never get too much Skye (Shirley Klarisse Yonavive) Edwards. So I have a few solo releases from the fabulous Skye released during some of her stints away from the Morcheeba microphone.
 
 
Skye - Mind How You Go, Atlantic 5051011 1990 2 8, 2006.

Love Shaow
Stop Complaining
Solitary
Calling
What’s Wrong with Me
No Other
Tell Me about Your Day
All the Promises
Powerful
Say Amen
Jamaica Days
 
 
 
 
 
Skye - Keeping Secrets, Skyewards Recordings 5051011 1990 2 9, 2009.

I Believe
Boo Hoo
Not Broken
The Shape I’m In
Monsters Demons
Clock to Stop
Almost Killed Me
Wrong Alright
Maybe to Spain
Exhale
 
 
 
 
 
Skye - Back to Now, PIAS Recordings LOVECD221, 2012.

Troubled Heart
Sign of Life
Featherweight
Nowhere
Little Bit Lost
We Fall Down
Every Little
Lie
High Life
Dissolve
Bright Light
 
 
 
 
 
Skye - In the Low Light, Skyewards Recordings SKYECD01, 2015.

Give In
Here is What Is
Said & Done
Dead & Buried
Storm
Cry
For the Day
In a World Unkind
Never Ending 
 
 
 
 
 

Then a friend of NSS requested a couple others. One request was something by Diane Rogerson.
 
 
A Bad Diana - The Lights are on but No-one's Home, United Jnana united jnana 333, 2007.

Behind the Curtain of the Sun
Cupboardie Re-nude
Asphalt Kiss (Ash Ra Tempel cover)
Mirage Man
Notes from the Underground to a Crazy Girl
Mother
Chant d'Amour/ da Mort 
 
 
 
 

The other request was for was the complete Gyllenskold, Geijerstam, & friends - Live at Bar Maldoror. I had previously posted up Side B on the Little Annie Anxiety megapost (Annie, Nurse with Wounds, & Diane Rogerson all uncredited). Here it is in its entirety... 
 
 
 
 

Side A -
Untitled
Side B -
Untitled

Enjoy & let the madness resume,

7 comments:

  1. Fems of Eb. redux links

    Mono - Formica Blues
    flB-2ae0LOyw4htJAUeB5qUuUPzEkQSoPvPAiAgAIrE
    Mono - Formica Blues bonus mixes
    IC08k06G-OOrxU1BWtR6KKo3dUcxsipDe8YzPI1hKy0
    Swoone - Handcuffed Heart
    OYlqXDxYYtTq_-tBNg55RP_BI3IEWA-7Drm_CoqgKCE
    Chrysta Bell - This Train
    IctbA_rjIRcr1kgTEu7Q8eJyJO2yMSonmNMc_92Jkj4
    Chrysta Bell - Somewhere in the Nowhere
    H6pCJBAOxyz7_2WnEs367xaOaIM0RX1icttGVyKmXI0
    Chrysta Bell - We Dissolve
    5iwn_mZ61D0FqhPhJU10VaVXM_KcHPrqKmHtLvC9-NU
    Chrysta Bell - Feels like Love
    s1BlBgsBxqe3xKvdAjRBa5rVnccVdQ2cUl3GAfzTJME
    Skye - Mind How You Go
    tsyzWESIooeLYtWqOsbnWWnTpfRQhyth8kgazUIrFYA
    Skye - Keeping Secrets
    zlRtN2J94zj1Hlwv1sFJ88MZvh0j9RyoZH01laNRu9o
    Skye - Back to Now
    o79YpKsfXAFNqf-3fprUpjUjF0uyxvX2VwgJm7UsZ8g
    Skye - In the Low Light
    ozrZb-CZ6dR0pMF23bzO-VWmv2d6OWoXaLVvKlWBjyA
    A Bad Diana - The Lights are On
    UOI-ddwkBNoV1N7xB5JMFTpzqRuAjcSJi3cP4OlELI0
    Gyllenskold, Geijerstam, & friends - Live at Bar Maldoror
    08DWtiraFs0zwlG8o6F3L2DrhZJTHhDJBli2fO5Bxvo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A welcome reprise, with several voices who are new to me. February is just too short. I saw an announcement for a Carla Bozulich performance earlier this month, and was relieved to know that she is still active as a creator
    and performer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanks for the Skye records. I have the chance for a deeper glance.
    Some Tel Aviv dreamy sounds for you to check.
    Saludos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YI3R4UZF6g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for the comment & the link. Really liked what I heard. Grabbed a copy of Apollonia & am listening to it right now (the "Foreign Affair" track is on it). Thanks again.

      Delete
  4. WOW!! Mega is cool how they show my purple link browned out to remind me I can save time going to Little Annie Anxiety Bandez link as I had been there, and then focus on the rest. Even did a search in upper left for Sneaker Pimps to get those back links after Morcheeba. Pretty nifty brother man! I was into Trip Hop like most in the mid-nineties with our little Radio K (also won a double promo LP by another great Trip hop type band SWEETBACK) band 'Brother Sun Sister Moon' making regular playlist on The Edge FM radio that became Rev 105 that became The Current with Paul Westerberg's sister. I saw Morcheeba in their breakout early days and had a disc that is long gone, lent out or perhaps procured from one of my annual house parties I did with an old high school friend (his nearby house too small) that would make the brownies. Might have even seen Sneaker Pimps too but would have to check my First Ave ticket stub large art piece on an old bulletin board that my artist bud glued them onto in a color pattern provided I kept the stub. Been thinkin it would make a nice poster to sell at the DU blog. Anyhoo a big thanks and hope to see ya next week as I post some St. Patty day stuff for my namesake day. Just ripped last night to MP4 a great Irish film 'The Ballad of Jack and Rose" from 2005 that I think I will post. Cheers bud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell into trip-hop at the beginnings: Portishead; Massive Attack; etc. & never really fell out. The desert are my modern trip-hop favorites right now. Trip-hop is one of my top genres (punk, Dub, funk, jazz as well). Next post is gonna be Supreme Beings of Leisure et. al mega-post. Maybe somethin' you'll find interesting.

    Have seen Morcheeba & Sneaker Pimps several times in the far distant past. Have several Sweetback releases (Sade band without Sade, by the way).

    Be looking forward to your St Paddy's day offerings. Thanks, brother.

    ReplyDelete