On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

30 May 2022

Microdisney Mansions

 

I was deeply saddened when I heard of the passing of Cathal Coughlan.

I have long been a fan of Microdisney, Fatima Mansions (here & here), & Cathal's solo works.

This is music Cathal was working on recently.

Telefís (tele-feesh) is the Irish Gaelic word for television. It is Coughlan working with acclaimed fellow Irish iconoclast composer/mixer/producer Garret "Jacknife" Lee.

I have added the original Telefis version of "Falun Gong Dancer" from a hAon to the three song Falun Gong Dancer EP released this January with Jah Wobble.

R.I.P. CC. 

 

Telefis with Jah Wobble - Falun Gong Dancer EP, Dimple Discs, 2022.
decryption code in comments

Falun Gong Dancer (a hAon version)
Falun Gong Dancer (with Jah Wobble)
Falun Gong Dancer (Dub with Jah Wobble)
Falun Gong Dancer (Donkey’s Gudge Dub with Jah Wobble)

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. j9XcHJ0uGZESgdrPX5cvJkxbGqWtgaFkeKSPil9xNYg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news indeed. I was excited about his recent activity with the solo album and Telefis. A great voice and an uncompromising intellect, with a devilish sense of humor. Viva dead popstars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, brother. Viva Dead Popstars & Ponies indeed.

      Delete