On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

27 September 2026

Dubtember 27 - The Tradition of Musick

Veering away from Dub for this pair. Tradition are a United Kingdom-based reggae band. They were active in the late 1970s until 1983. They reformed more than twenty years later. 

 



Tradition started out in Brent, North West London in 1976 originally known as Special Brew. The original line-up was Grace Reed - vocals, Michael Johnson - guitar, Paul "Echo" Thompson - keyboards & vocals, Chris "Buff Head" Henry - bass guitar, & Tony "Drummie" Matthews - drums. Both Reed & Johnson left early on & were replaced by Les McNeil & Paul Dawkins. In 1977 the band signed to Venture Records. 

 

Tradition - Moving On, Venture Records VNLP8877, 1978.
decryption codes in comments

Side One -
Every Little Beat of My Heart
Rastafaria
You Walked on By
We- Wah to Go Zion
Prediction

Side Two -
(Africa) Our Forefather's Land
You Ran Off
Movin' On
Jamaica Land is Zion
Rainy Day
Six Million Dollar Baby
 
 
 
 

They were one of the headline acts on the Anti-Nazi League's ''Rock Against Racism'' tour. Paul Dawkins left to pursue a solo career in 1979. He was replaced by Shakeel Khan. 
 
 
Tradition - Runaway Love, RCA PL25273, 1980.

A Side -
Don't Know
Mash Down
I am so Glad
La-La-La-La
Time

B Side -
Music
Runaway Love
I am Thinking
African Queen
True What I Man Say
 
 
 

Enjoy,
NØ

1 comment:

  1. Moving On
    GnNmrPP-trCF6q5OJvyFdAAJWwOw7AOzeIP4b5z9Iqs
    Runaway Love
    hFBPvwrHpB5uQvVEDYnFuCQjGmJQIBuHdZ5WABhPo4E

    ReplyDelete