Stephen Townsend was a former football hooligan. He ran with the Arsenal crew, before making the move into more serious crime & finally getting arrested. In prison he turned to Rastafarianism, became a Rasta preacher & began writing lyrics. After his release he became part of Adrian Sherwood's African Head Charge collective.
Stephen Townsend is Ghetto Priest, one of the most flamboyant, most creative performers to have emerged from the UK Reggae scene. He perfected his vocal skills as well as his artistic persona in the Sound Systems of the early 80s.
In 2004 he released his critically acclaimed debut album with On-U Sound producer Adrian Sherwood titled Vulture Culture. He recorded lead vocals for Dub / punk outfit Asian Dub Foundation on their hit albums Enemy of the Enemy & TANK, touring the globe as the front man of the group.
Ghetto Priest posses a raw energy & emotion, constantly pushing at the boundaries of Roots music. His style strongly maintains the essence of his Jamaican heritage.
Side A -
Seek Jah First
Seek Jah Dub
Struggle
Struggle Dub
Far I
Far I Dub
Side B -
Self Analysis
Dub Analysis
Words of Wisdom
Wisdom Dub
Side A -
Every Man for Every Man
Good Lord
I Murder Hate
Bright Morning Star
Black Woman
Side B -
Ghetto Life
Prophecy
Satta I
Sacred Ground
Babylon Queendom
Peter Tosh
Enjoy,
NØ




Beyond Flesh
ReplyDeleteSjonaFHETnjgXojMMAW_F7_mJmmKKwLUoD-6XixAnFo
Every Man for Every Man
4J85XbzFo22JAx_7D8mWoGFvcMKK5wdLhOTX3MLWtkE