On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

07 September 2026

Dubtember 7 - Dub in the Shell

 

Unlike Paolo Baldini Dubfiles' previous albums, which heavily relied on post-production techniques, this new album sees Baldini embrace the Jamaican Dub school tradition. The music starts with original compositions, building the tracks from the ground up like writing on a ‘blank sheet of paper’. This shift puts the focus on in-studio creation of core instrumentals before Baldini brings in a global crew of collaborators. The list is impressive, featuring artists Kabaka Pyramid, Anthony B, & Queen Omega, alongside many others.

One of the distinctive features of In the Shell is its use of diverse ethnic sounds & samples. Baldini meticulously collected these during his travels across Africa. The samples served as the basis for his signature electronic production & post-production techniques. In the Shell is a vibrant blend of influences. Baldini seamlessly merges a deep exploration of roots music with electronic flourishes. The global collaborations further enhance this hybrid sound, creating a unique sonic experience.

Recorded, mixed, & produced by Paolo Baldini DubFiles at Alambic Conspiracy Studio in Pordenone, Italy. Mastered by Nick Manasseh at Yard Studio, London, UK.

Paolo Baldini Dubfiles - In the Shell, La Tempesta Dub LTDUB 162/24, 2024.
decryption code in comments

Fe Free Dub (Occitan Clouds)
Sunlight (featuring Bleue & 5 Star Celestial)
Nice & Easy (featuring Kabaka Pyramid & Mellow Mood)
Sandagà (featuring Supahfly)
Deep Meditation (featuring Anthony B)
You’re Not Alone (featuring Queen Omega)
Praises Be (featuring Jules I)
Shililin Kikikin (featuring Mellow Mood, Lasai, & Zacky Man)
Mata Mata (featuring Andrew I, Forelock, & KG Man)
Big & Bad (featuring Mellow Mood &Minori)
Ticking Bomb (featuring Mellow Mood, Lasai, & Zacky Man)
Como Yo (featuring Mellow Mood)
 
 
 

Enjoy,
NØ

9 comments:

  1. In the Shell
    D4LxZKtaz_n8RCBkuuXKlcNnwTnUp_RN83PF-Ut8Wm8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks NØ! Now I'm super curious to listen to his album with the Aggrovrators to compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paolo is one of my go-to modern era Dub scientists. He has an ear for sound that would make Tubby proud. I have enjoyed all his excursions into Dub (his work with Dubblestandart & Dennis Bovel is some of my favorite). Thanks, Charlie.

      Delete
  3. My curiosity is piqued as always. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like Baldini as much as I. Thanks barney k.

      Delete
    2. excellent record...You’re Not Alone (featuring Queen Omega) is an absolute burner. Thanks again for posting!

      Delete
  4. Hey Nathan, I'm going to try this based on your comment... Did not know this artist... Thanks as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like this,Mk, there are more shares from Paolo elsewhere on this mess. Just check labels to right.

      Delete