On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

06 September 2026

Dubtember 6 - D’Ascola’s Destiny

Not everything I shared on the private site was Dub. 

Since it was primarily a Roots/Reggae blog, I strayed into various other types of Jamaican music. 

 



Alberto D' Ascola (aka Alborosie) was born in Sicily in 1977. He is the first Italian reggae artist to be internationally recognized, He formed his first band, Reggae National Tickets in 1992. They were the first Italian band to play at Sunsplash & Sumfest in Jamaica in the 90s.

Alborosie moved to Jamaica in 2000. He began working at John Baker's (ex-producer of PM Dawn & member of Island Records) Geejam studio as a sound engineer & producer.

In 2004 he released his first record as Alborosie on his own label Forward Music. It contained the hit song " Burnin' & Lootin' " with Ky-mani Marley, but it wasn't until 2006 with Herbalist that he gained international recognition. Alborosie became the first white artist to be distributed in Jamaica by Bob Marley's label, Tuff Gong. His first solo album Soul Pirate was released in September 2008 on the Forward Recordings label.

The 14-track Destiny features an impressive line-up of talented standouts & legendary names like Buju Banton, Kabaka Pyramid, & Burro Banton. Destiny delivers Alborosie's signature production ensuring a classic Dub/reggae album. 

 

Alborosie - Destiny, VP Records VPGSCD7094, 2023.
decryption code in comments

Destiny
Viral
Over My Shoulders
Rastazeneka
Faith
No Good Again
Give It to Them
Destination (interlude)
Royal Throne
Focus
Nah Sell Out
General
I Got You
Dubalist
 
 

Enjoy,

1 comment:

  1. Destiny
    afEO5hhmgvQ_aW_1mgvB657EM-EGCPSL50ycjWlZJAg

    ReplyDelete