Another music project conceived & constructed by Bill Laswell with additional production by Talvin Singh (track 4 & 8), Karsh Kale (track 5), Matt Howe with Trilok Gurtu (track 7).
The Table Beat Science players are: Ustad Sultan Khan: sarangi & vocal (track 2 & 6); Talvin Singh: tabla, virus manipulation, & vox (track 4 & 8); Karsh Kale: drums (track 5 & 8), tabla, keyboards, & electronics (track 5); Bill Laswell: bass (tracks 1-3, 6 & 9) & sound construction; Zakir Hussain: tabla; Trilok Gurtu: tabla, drums (track 7) with Brad Somatik: logic programming (track 4).
Tabla Beat Science - Tabla Matrix: Adventures in Electro-Acoustic Hypercussion,
Palm Pictures PALMCD2046-2, 2000.
decryption code in comments
Palm Pictures PALMCD2046-2, 2000.
decryption code in comments
Secret Channel
Magnetic
Audiomaze
Don't Worry.com
Palmistry
Devotional
Big Brother
Triangular Objects
Biotech
Alla
Enjoy,
NØ


Tabla Matrix
ReplyDelete8-ylYHmtQeNwHVQH7pBL5ADJ7Jly_KolLZbI7O_YfVA
Nice, I'll be able to align my love for Indian music with my inclination toward dub. Gong deeper into bill Lasswell... I listened to Trilok gurtu a bit in the past (long gone past). Have a nice day, Nø
ReplyDeleteThanks Mk. I never get too much Bill. His versatility is undaunted. To bad he's not doing well health-wise.
DeleteI listened to it and really enjoyed...the whole new York diaspora of gifted tabla players (and at least one genius zakir Hussain). Good bass from the bill... He grows on me thanks to you, Nø...
DeleteFor some more great Laswell & New York culture clash, check out the Crooklyn Dub Consortium (link in "Labels" right hand column). Thanks, Mk.
DeleteI love this album. This and "Lo-Def Pressure" were the first two Laswell albums I purchased and I've gone off the deep end since then with my love of all Laswell's projects.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mooz. Deep diving into Laswell's catalogue is always rewarding, imo.. "Shivamythscience" & "Black Ice" are some of the best. Again with Zakir Hussain & also working with Badal Roy.
ReplyDelete