On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

10 August 2020

Shit Storm

Well, I guess I asked for it.

I never really check out much of the past posts here at NSS.  I kinda just rely on others who are searching for music to let me know if links are down. Then I do the best I can to re-upload said post.

With the death of Megaupload & the freeze-out by Mediafire, with the trying of various filehosting platforms like Fileden & Drop.io, with the loss of one 8T external drive & the frying of one motherboard, I realized that most everything still breathing life here was on MEGA or re-upped to MEGA.




This week-end I decided to go back into the archives & check the status of past offerings. It was the usual swiss cheese & old lace holes I was expecting & I was doing okay until I got to South Korea in the Musick Around the World project. When I checked Shin Jung Yung, I got the surprise message: "The file you are trying to download is no longer available".

I've received this message before when for some unknown-to-me reason MEGA deleted files. I noted which files needed re-upped & went on to check Japan 2.0. To my horror, all of the files garnered the same "no longer available" message. As I jumped forward sporadically I became more & more horrified. Everything from this labor of love I had been so proud of, from South Korea all the way back to the United States, was a gaping black hole of missing files. It appears that nearly 50GB of uploaded materials had just vanished.

ASIA:
South Korea           
Japan          
Taiwan      
Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region)                    
Philippines   
                                                                  
 
AUSTRALIA:       
Australia                    
Papua New Guinea                     
New Zealand


PACIFIC ISLAND NATIONS
Palau          
Northern Mariana Islands (In Political Union with the United States)       
Guam (US Territory)     
Federated States of Micronesia
Solomon Islands       
Vanuatu        
Fiji              
Tuvalu           
Nauru                 
Marshall Islands           
Kiribati               
Western Samoa            
Tonga
Cook Islands (self-governing parliamentary democracy)             
French Polynesia    


SOUTH AMERICA:
Chile                
Argentina           
Uruguay             
 Paraguay          
Bolivia
Peru            
Ecuador       
Colombia    
Brazil     
French Guiana (French Territory?)     
Suriname             
Guyana                     
Venezuela    

CARIBBEAN ISLAND NATIONS/TERRITORIES:
Aruba (Netherlands)            
Curaçao (Netherlands)
Trinidad and Tobago             
Grenada              
Barbados                
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Saint Lucia                      
Martinique (French Territory)                 
Dominica   
Guadeloupe (French Territory)           
Montserrat (British Territory)      
Antigua and Barbuda   
Saint Kitts and Nevis                
St. Martin/St. Maarten             
Anguilla     
British Virgin Islands (British Overseas Territory)            
US Virgin Islands (US Territory)     
Puerto Rico (US Territory)         
Dominican Republic               
Haiti     
Bermuda (British Territory)                      
The Bahamas                        
Cuba                             
Cayman Islands                        
Jamaica

CENTRAL AMERICA:
Panama     
Costa Rica     
Nicaragua     
Honduras     
El Salvador    
Guatemala                       
Belize

NORTH AMERICA:
Mexico                  
Canada               
United States     


71 countries MIA. The Japan 2.0, Jamaica, & United States (Fugs mega-post) were among my most viewed & d’ll post of all times for me. All the back-up files are on the dead external drive. Man, am I up Shit Creek in the proverbial shit storm in a leaking boat sans paddle.




I could just say F! it & go onward, but my pride is killing me. I am mighty thrilled with the effort that went into the around the world sojourn, so just shining it on doesn’t work for me. I’m going to post up a quicky, stop chewing my nails, & try to recover. So if you don’t hear much from me for a while, this is why. I’ll try to post up my progress reports as I proceed. Thanks for listening.


Pulling my hair out trying to recover Japan. Digging out old Jun Togawa files. Saw I had 20th Jun Togawa. Here’s a taste & a hold...




Jun Togawa - 20th Jun Togawa, God Ocean Records COGO 0102, 2000.
decryption code in comments

Like the Radio???
Finale
Joe le Taxi
Because the Night
Casablanca Moon
All Tomorrow’s Parties

well,

11 comments:

  1. FYQuleIz96qub0U8pWmmAveM_w_bPnyG1xhkyUrk-SY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to see all your hard work gone. I lost a hard drive full of music recently. I felt sick about it at first, then a sense of resignation and acceptance. But the urge to COLLECT has come creeping back, and I don't know if I can resist it, or if I even want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was only a matter of lost files, I can deal, I've had that issue before. The problem that is swaping me is all the work I put into posting all that music, all the lost possibilities of others sharing said music, & the pride that I had from accomplishing the Around the World project. but then ce sera sera.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this, NØ. Please email me and I can offer a solution that might help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lost yer email address. Sent one to you over at IHT90s. Thanks in advance & always.

      Delete
  4. Hope the guy offering help can give you a solution. Stay there and best of lucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that guys is a grrrrl. thanks, though.

      Delete
  5. Well, if anyone cares, a long-time friend & follower of this here dung heap has a 9 to 5 in data recovery! Volunteered to have a go at my fried drive, gratis. Mailed it off & now it's just a waiting game. Sure would be easier to recover the originals &nsimply upload them again. All other options are still open, but none are very delectable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is on life support, with still a good chance to recover. I've been going through Terminal Escape's blog tonight and stumbled upon your comment on the Paxton Quiggly demo.

      It seems a good time to download as much as possible.

      If you are looking for some good blogs Open Drive looks good. Mediafire has been good to people lately, not doing their mass purges lately. Also archive.org is good!

      Delete
  6. I had a look on my hard drive for you to see if I had downloaded anything and could reupload but unfortunately not - I only got as far as browsing some of Africa and a few other odd ones. I LOVED your idea and what you had done. If anything does materialise I'll let you know. Meanwhile, anything else you're after? Would love to be able to send you some music to tide you over....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind thoughts & gestures. I've got plenty of tuneage to tide me over, but I was just kinda bummed that I had a gaping black hole in one of my blogging labors of love. I'm working on it, just waiting to hear back from my friend with a verdict on the ole drive. Thank you so much again.

      Delete